• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1968 Dodge Coronet RT vert on craigslist

Status
Not open for further replies.

fc7_plumcrazy

Local time
8:50 AM
Reaction score
Contact seller
this car looks familiar to me:

68 Coronet R//T Convertible - WS27L8G

Engine and Transmission serial number match VIN serial. This is a numbers matching real R/T Conv: 440 HP engine, 727 Auto Trans, column shift, bucket seats, 3.23 Sure Grip, power steering, power drum brakes, power top. PP1 Red, White interior, White boot, Black Conv top. It has 150 MPH R/T standard horizontal speedo not the Rallye Dash. Has fender tag

Price is $30,000 or I will consider the following Mopar trades.

I will trade for a very nice 68 to 70 Mopar B Body big block convert and will make up the diffrence in cash or a very nice 4 Speed 68 Coronet RT, 70 Road Runner or GTX, or 71 RR or GTX and will make up the difference in cash. They do not need to be number matching but must be nice and ready to cruise and show.

The car is complete meaning it's not missing anything except the original 045 radiator. I do have the top and bottom 045 Rad tanks and they are very nice. Would need a new core.

The engine and transmission are out of the car and can be inspected. I wish I had left them in but had ideas of getting it restored. It was running before being parked and engine pulled.

Has original fender tag. It may have build sheet but I've never had rear seat out to look.

I have Illinois title in my name.

Original color is PP1 Red with black conv top and white bucket seat interior. The interior looks to have been recovered but with the correct 68 R/T pattern. The seats are correct 68 Coronet Bucket seats with buddy seat and rear seat.

It has 25-30 year old paint job .. shiny and OK looking from a distance but paint is hazed and cracked on hood and decklid .. shiny on sides of the car. It needs complete resto if you want to go to car shows. Interior is decent i.e. no rips and dash is not cracked. If you want to go to car shows the seats, door panels, and carpet, conv top should be replaced.

Odometer has 84K on it. I've owned it for 15 years and the previous owner drove it sparingly for 12 years before so that's 27 years. It may be 84K or 184K. It had 82K showing when I bought it in 2000. Most cars have had a lot of parts misplaced or re-placed by 184K so I think it's probably 84K.

If you are interested click reply and send me and include your phone number and email address (craigstlist does not provide that so I can't send pics). Ask whatever you want to know and type your email and phone in your response and I'll respond. I will email pictures but will not send to a phone .. fingers are old and I don't do text well. Do not send me short replies asking for pictures or what is the least I will take as I will not respond. We will talk before I send any pictures other than what I may ad to this ad later.

https://monterey.craigslist.org/cto/5293735601.html

Good luck in the sale

Carsten

Thanks Carsten that is my car. I put it up on the Monteray CL at the suggestion of someone I talked to that is from that area.

It still didn't or hasn't sold and I'm transitioning in my thinking so I will probably will pull the ad once I get to working on the car.

I plan to haul some parts that are in my way back to storage to give me room in the garage so I get started and have room to work.

- - - Updated - - -

If anyone is interested in the car send me a Private Message by clicking my UserID - tallhair above my avatar.

Include a phone number please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back