• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 383 hp road runner. Engine

moparvinson

Local time
11:51 PM
Reaction score
Bought a 383 hp motor from a storage unit. Was told it came from a 1969 4 speed road runner?

Screenshot_20230329-105949.png

Check the rear crank bushing. If it's there and worn.. Musta had a 4 spd behind it at 1 point

It does have the bushing. I had the numbers checked on here before and was told it is original to a known road runner. Figured I would try to run it in this section to see if owner might be looking for it.

It does have the bushing. I had the numbers checked on here before and was told it is original to a known road runner. Figured I would try to run it in this section to see if owner might be looking for it.
Great idea! "Maybe" make someone happy and build yourself a better motor

I was looking for a motor for my 1971 superbee when I found this one but would rather find a 71 motor. This is when I found this one

Screenshot_20230329-122626.png

Darn it that is so close to my vin

So Close... I have a 69 rr project car, from New Mexico, Im getting ready to start. 168442 I would love to find the original block.

Greetings. I ran the RR VIN as a post and hardtop. It hit on the post. The car is in Ohio. Send me an email and we'll look to put you in touch with the current owner.
[email protected]

Helpful on these to post the vin so it will come up on search if the owner runs it. Post both coupe and as hardtop.

If there are any Ohio members in mopar clubs that can spread the word I would rather the motor goes to its original car.

I am in touch with the owner, does anyone have a guess as to what it would cost to ship an engine from Albuquerque to ohio?

I second the Fastenal option!! I had a full set of seats shipped a year or so ago and it was reasonable

He got a quote from fastenal and was very happy with the price so it looks like the motor will be going back to ohio to go with its original car.

Awesome!

Hopefully we'll get a pic of the engine and the original car together again.

This is awesome! I'd live to find my original motor to my 69 Bee. WM21H9E148092

Auto Transport Service
Back