• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Air Grabber Question

crahill39

Local time
3:37 AM
Reaction score
The 69 GTX I recently purchased had the Air Grabber assembly for the hood and the vented inserts. However, the fender tag doesn't have N96 as one of the options. Is this something the dealer could have added on at the dealership?

The 69 GTX I recently purchased had the Air Grabber assembly for the hood and the vented inserts. However, the fender tag doesn't have N96 as one of the options. Is this something the dealer could have added on at the dealership?
Anyone could have added them the last 50+ years.

I borrowed mine from my buddies Bee in 1978. His was sitting on blocks and he "didn't need it" at the time! We still laugh about that day some 44 years later. He now lives in Australia and is looking for a car.

Now that said.. a Lynch Road tag MAY not have got a code... a St Louis car would have for sure...

Do you have a 3 speed or 2 speed wiper motor? If a 2 speed it didn't come with the hood.

Anyone could have added them the last 50+ years.
I realize anyone could have added it, but I am curious if this is something a dealer could have installed new.
I borrowed mine from my buddies Bee in 1978. His was sitting on blocks and he "didn't need it" at the time! We still laugh about that day some 44 years later. He now lives in Australia and is looking for a car.

Now that said.. a Lynch Road tag MAY not have got a code... a St Louis car would have for sure...

Do you have a 3 speed or 2 speed wiper motor? If a 2 speed it didn't come with the hood.

Thanks for the info. It is a St. Louis car and a 2 speed so looks like it was not something the dealer did. I am debating on taking it off and messing with it later.

My 1969 Lynch Road car has n96 on the tag

I realize anyone could have added it, but I am curious if this is something a dealer could have installed new.

Thanks for the info. It is a St. Louis car and a 2 speed so looks like it was not something the dealer did. I am debating on taking it off and messing with it later.
A dealer still could have put the hood on and not changed the wiper motor. Personally I'd keep the Air Grabber hood and just change the wiper motor and it's link arm to a 3 speed for air cleaner clearance and correct look. All the wires are in the dash harness, you just need a 3 speed switch for the dash.

Anyone know if the parts of the 69 B body air Grabber box are the same for a RR as for a Super Bee? Classic Industries shows two different part numbers, one for RR, and a different one for S Bee>

Only the center ring is the same...
Great. I have a set I traded for a few years ago that I've been hoarding for my Bee, and now I'm not sure what I have. Anyone know where I may find pics comparing the two? TIA, jess

Bee/Coronet/RT....
beerestorationfall2018 616.JPG
beerestorationfall2018 809.JPG

GTX/RR
ramcharger-airgrabberparts 057.JPG

ramcharger-airgrabberparts 044.JPG

Not sure what you're Red X'ng in this @Alan746 I'm assuming as someone with only 3 posts it's a phone scrolling issue....

Auto Transport Service
Back