• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Charger Fuel Sending Unit

paul1969cars

Local time
7:16 PM
Reaction score
Hi

Do I need to drop the tank to change the sending unit. Its tight with rear right there. Or can I jack up body and left rear and spring drop to get to sending unit?

On my 1970 Coronet we put the car up on a lift and let gravity drop the rear axle giving us access to changing out the sending unit. There is a place in Ohio that restores originals. The repo would not work in my car.

On my 1970 Coronet we put the car up on a lift and let gravity drop the rear axle giving us access to changing out the sending unit. There is a place in Ohio that restores originals. The repo would not work in my car.
thanks

Replaced my 70s unit this winter. I want to say I jacked it by the diff...but may have used a forward spring perch. I just don't remember maneuvering around a jack on the side is all. It's a little rubiks-cube...but it comes out.

Run the tank as dry as you can though, so you don't shower with unleaded! And take a good look before you order your replacement - iirc there are 2 hose sizes, and a with or without return line option...

Auto Transport Service
Back