• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Charger Headlight Assembly Options

68n69 Charger

Local time
11:57 AM
Reaction score
Good afternoon, I am working on the '69 Charger front grill assembly. For the headlights, I have one vacuum actuator, the door fronts, and the plastic grill. Other than that, I have nothing else. I am not making this factory correct, so I am cool with modifying the assemblies to what is available today.
Questions:
- Does anyone make the complete assembly? the vacuum brackets, the linkage, actuators, etc..?
-I've seen the option to go with an electric vs the vacuum actuator. Has anyone had experience with the electric?
-Lastly, do the front grills have a "beauty ring" that is installed around the sides and bottom and top (not the chrome)? Mine is one piece (black), but I see other cars with silver.

Thanks Everyone!

I do not think anyone make any parts that you are asking for. Even if you go with electronic actuators you still need everything else as all you are doing is replacing the vacuum pods. Here are some pictures of what I did.

100_2028.JPG

100_2029.JPG

100_2027.JPG

100_1910.JPG

100_1911.JPG

100_1916.JPG

100_1917.JPG

100_1918.JPG

100_2030.JPG

Thanks Pnora! This is what I needed to see. I've ordered the parts...now on to finding the headlight inner bezels.

Only ‘68 had the inner bezels, not an option in ‘69, although many folks do add them. Search the topics on here, I’m sure there’s a few mentions.

@pnora where did you hook up your power wires?

Nice job by the way.
Thanks. There is a few things going on there. The 2 two relays you see are high and low beam. The headlight motors are driven by a control box under the battery tray. Both systems are independently fed off an auxiliary fuse box. Just a 4 fuse panel. One fuse high beam, another for low beam, and one feeds the headlamp motor control box. Kind of hard to see bot looking at the bulkhead it is to the right. The Painless one above the bulkhead is for the alternator.

100_2495.JPG

100_2492.JPG

I do not think anyone make any parts that you are asking for. Even if you go with electronic actuators you still need everything else as all you are doing is replacing the vacuum pods. Here are some pictures of what I did.

View attachment 1510202

View attachment 1510204

View attachment 1510205

View attachment 1510206

View attachment 1510207

View attachment 1510208

View attachment 1510209

View attachment 1510210

View attachment 1510211
I’d like to see the way you made the standing brackets.
Im going to remove my grille, repair some cracks and refinish it.

Auto Transport Service
Back