• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Charger interior color

paul1969cars

Local time
1:31 AM
Reaction score
Hi

Im painting my dashboard, kick plates, front pillars, sun visors and header
the interior color is saddle or tan

All of these items I listed have faded over time. some are brown some are light tan some are tan.
Are all of these to be the same colors or did these cars come with a two tone color scheme?

This attached picture is not my car but something i found on the internet of a similar car.

If anyone has a tan interior 69 charger or b body that is correct in color please send pic and coments.

I assume that everything is painted or dyed saddle

Thanks

69 INTERIOR.PNG

Colored (non-black) interiors have 4 different shades or types of paint.
Upper center windshield garnish is suede, same as dash, ashtray & column.
The old color #s can be found on paint chip sheets from the various paint manufacturers (R-M, DuPont, etc).
Worth buying the paint ship sheets from Ebay, or the info may also be on the Hamtramck_Historical site.
In that photo, the carpet may be the wrong color, but I'm judging that by my cars with green, blue, or burgundy ('68) interiors.
On those cars the carpet was dark, like the package tray.
The plastic parts weren't usually an exact match for the vinyl.

Saddle Tan is one of the most beautiful and most PITA interiors. It also shows poorly on a screen. I'd suggest hitting some indoor winter shows or head to one of the big ones this year. As stated above, there's 4 - or more - shades of a given interior color.

Hi

Im painting my dashboard, kick plates, front pillars, sun visors and header
the interior color is saddle or tan

All of these items I listed have faded over time. some are brown some are light tan some are tan.
Are all of these to be the same colors or did these cars come with a two tone color scheme?

This attached picture is not my car but something i found on the internet of a similar car.

If anyone has a tan interior 69 charger or b body that is correct in color please send pic and coments.

I assume that everything is painted or dyed saddle

Thanks

View attachment 1409379
Looks like a Dukes interior color tan.

Auto Transport Service
Back