• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Charger Rallye Dash Woodgrain Decal Issues

davidd113

Local time
6:01 AM
Reaction score
Hi All,

New here......

'69 Charger with woodgrain rallye dash. Original is crappy so bought the decal kit from Classic Industries and in the process of mocking it up now.

The decal for the radio surround fit ok. Laid out the dash decal and all sorts of issues.

If I adj the decal to the right so that it is even around the gauge openings then it does not fit correctly on the left side around the switches. Conversely, if I set it around the switches correctly then the openings are off center around the gauges.

It seems to me it is cut wrong but the question is: Is there stretch in the material that would allow me to center it on both sides?

Also, the decal does not go into the lip where the gauge openings are. My thought is to carefully mix some paint and or/paint pen to blend those areas. Any better ideas?

Pics attached of both poor options

Thanks in advance

IMG_2272.JPG

IMG_2273.JPG

IMG_2274.JPG

IMG_2275.JPG

IMG_2276.JPG

IMG_2277.JPG

Sorry to see you have found out the hard way. That stuff is horrible....you can spot it from a mile away. Check out Instrument Specialties for restoration of your originals. Not cheap (approximately $1300)...but excellent work.

Photo one below is my Charger....photos 2-4 are recent customers work that I did. All the woodgrain was re-done by IS.

72637531955__4575FBB5-B932-4EEB-8699-220F41BD2B16.jpg

72768690079__617D80EB-F87E-43B0-9009-E0FB19E2881D.jpg

IMG_1316.jpg

IMG_1317.jpg

Decal definitely looks too small, my 70 has decent looking woodgrain decals over the top of the original black bezels. It was on the car when I bought it in 74, will be taking off to go black like it was originally.

Sorry to see you have found out the hard way. That stuff is horrible....you can spot it from a mile away. Check out Instrument Specialties for restoration of your originals. Not cheap (approximately $1300)...but excellent work.

Photo one below is my Charger....photos 2-4 are recent customers work that I did. All the woodgrain was re-done by IS.

View attachment 1597066

View attachment 1597067

View attachment 1597068

View attachment 1597069

View attachment 1597066

View attachment 1597067

View attachment 1597068

View attachment 1597069
Yours looks perfect!

Not sure where to go with the junk I have. Customer will not pop for the new parts but I tried. I will make it as good as I can and hope for the best.

Thanks

I'd tell the customer that you're sending that POS back to Classics and see where he wants to go next, cause he'll blame YOU for THEIR ****!

Hi All,

New here......

'69 Charger with woodgrain rallye dash. Original is crappy so bought the decal kit from Classic Industries and in the process of mocking it up now.

The decal for the radio surround fit ok. Laid out the dash decal and all sorts of issues.

If I adj the decal to the right so that it is even around the gauge openings then it does not fit correctly on the left side around the switches. Conversely, if I set it around the switches correctly then the openings are off center around the gauges.

It seems to me it is cut wrong but the question is: Is there stretch in the material that would allow me to center it on both sides?

Also, the decal does not go into the lip where the gauge openings are. My thought is to carefully mix some paint and or/paint pen to blend those areas. Any better ideas?

Pics attached of both poor options

Thanks in advance

View attachment 1597034

View attachment 1597035

View attachment 1597036

View attachment 1597037

View attachment 1597038

View attachment 1597039
That's horrible, I would send it back. This is another post where I always get a kick out of the posts where I am asking *** for a beautiful original part, or nos one and someone says you know you can buy the reproductions for ***... Yeah try those as they all look good until you see how they fit or how long it will last..

That's horrible, I would send it back. This is another post where I always get a kick out of the posts where I am asking *** for a beautiful original part, or nos one and someone says you know you can buy the reproductions for ***... Yeah try those as they all look good until you see how they fit or how long it will last..
I was not planning for perfect but hoped at least to get the correct size. I will call them tomorrow.

Brutal truth is one must pay to play....if they want 10/10 perfect it will cost a lot.

The other pieces look fine but we will need to replace all of it as a set

I was not planning for perfect but hoped at least to get the correct size. I will call them tomorrow.

Brutal truth is one must pay to play....if they want 10/10 perfect it will cost a lot.

The other pieces look fine but we will need to replace all of it as a set
whiteGauges sent me a 69 decal kit,I called them and they sent out a new set for 70. Hope you get it worked out.

Auto Transport Service
Back