• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Coronet Convertible Rear Seat Install Process

Travis May

Local time
8:49 AM
Reaction score
I pulled the rear seats out of my 69 convertible a long long long time ago and can't figure out how to get them back in. Any help would be appreciated

1. Do the seat posts go on the inside or the outside of the mounting brackets?
2. Do I need to remove the rear quarter armrests to reinstall the seat? Not sure on the proper order to get everything back in.
3. Size of bolts for seat mounts - the originals are long gone and I can't find sizes for them anywhere.

Seat Mounts.jpg

Ridge Line.jpg

Back Tray.jpg

Slide the top part in and slide up, then bolts through the lower seat bracket to the brackets on the rear firewall.
The side panels need to installed first.

Slide the top part in and slide up, then bolts through the lower seat bracket to the brackets on the rear firewall.
The side panels need to installed first.
Do the seat brackets slide into the into the firewall mounts or do I bolt them to the outside?

the seat brackets are bolted to the front side of the mounts, they do not slide into them.

Dale

I'm restoring a 69 GTX convertible, same arrangement as the Coronet. I did not disassemble the car, I've had quite a time with some parts of the reassembly. I'm pre-fitting the seat frames before I have them upholstered as I had to rebuild much of them due to rust and want to confirm fit. I'm having two issues. 1. I can't get the Brackets to slide onto the frame. The brackets have 0 gap. Do I have to open the gap up? There's no way to get a swing with a mallet to drive them in; 2. At the angle they slide up, the seat frame is an inch into the black extension (as shown in the pictures) that bolts to the frame.

As Dale said, they do not slide into the brackets, but mount on the outside of them.

I understand, I finally got the clip to slide on to the frame and bolted the back seat frame to the Lower brackets. to do it I had to remove the interior quarter panels and the bolt on partition that separates the passenger compartment and the convertible compartment. Please take a look at the attached photos. I believe the back of the seat is supposed to rest on the front of the black partition.
Thanks

IMG_4023.jpeg

IMG_4020.jpeg

IMG_4022.jpeg

Sweet! Looks like I have to dress up the frame of my seat back and get it in a straight line and I'll be golden
Thanks

Auto Transport Service
Back