• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Sail Panel Install

andrewwoz

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:29 AM
Reaction score
The headliner is pretty decent in my super bee but the sail panels were in bad shape, I bought new ones and they have double sided tape on the front edge and the package tray edge, nothing on the top rear window edge. I know the material gets stretched over the teeth on the top window edge but I'm curious if anyone can share how to do it best. Should I pop the sail panel clips in first then stretch the material over the teeth? Get it over the teeth first and then pop the clips in? Just worried about messing it up. Also, do I trim the extra material at all?

Second question - based on some other threads it seems like on the bottom edge the extra material is glued down under the package tray, is this correct? Has anyone just folded it over and taped/glued it to the back of the sail panel board?

IMG_3636.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back