• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 satellite power steering, manufacturer?

General23cmp

Local time
2:13 AM
Reaction score
Who made the power steering boxes for these cars, Saginaw? Is it the same design as a GM (if I know how to rebuild a GM Saginaw, is it the same to rebuild this?)? Thanks.

I believe the power steering box is manufactured by Chrysler.
The factory service manual tells you how to adjust or strip the steering box.

Saginaw, Federal or Thompson/TRW were used. Saginaw style would be the same or at least similar enough between the two that if you can rebuild the GM unit you could rebuild Chrysler's..

Saginaw, Federal or Thompson/TRW were used. Saginaw style would be the same or at least similar enough between the two that if you can rebuild the GM unit you could rebuild Chrysler's..
Those are the pumps. He was asking about the steering box. I had thought that both the manual and the power steering boxes were Chrysler items.

Those are the pumps. He was asking about the steering box. I had thought that both the manual and the power steering boxes were Chrysler items.
Oops good catch you're right I thought we were talking pumps:eek:
GM-saginaw only made some of our truck boxes if I recall...in any case rebuilding one is a bit difficult but doable, with the FSM, a kit, and some special tools...did one years ago and it was enough 'fun' that I just go the steer n gear or firm feel route now...

Auto Transport Service
Back