• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Wiper Motor repair question

wild bill

Local time
10:26 PM
Reaction score
Hello. I have another request for assistance concerning my 1969 plymouth road runner restoration. First, I want to thank everyone for their kind support and advice. It has been invaluable in restoring the Road Runner. Thank you all very much. My question is this: I have the orginal wiper motor. It has wires which have no coatings on them anymore. I tested the motor and it works (2 speed). I took the motor in to have a shop look at it. they asked me if my vin had a "H" or "G" in the vin. I said I think H. I believe they are going to need a wiring diagram for the motor and I have not been able to find one for this motor. First, I was wondering if anyone had a picture of the wires coming out of the motor to the transmission housing. And Second does anyone have a wiring diagram for this motor. Again, I think the vin has an H in it but Iam not sure why this would be important. As far as the restoration goes, I am getting there (7years). It is a 383 car, with 727 column shift. Plain jane, but has R-6 paint. In the past the forum has helped me with drum brake installation, transmission line routing, and much more. thanks again.

My standard answer for wiper problems is "read the shop manual(s)" and go to the "Passion" website which has a lot of info

http://www.passion4mopars.com/

You can download various shop manuals free, here

http://www.mymopar.com/index.php?pid=31

I'm certain that some of the newer manuals, perhaps 71-72, has diagrams showing the motor internals. I guess you are aware, by now, that the 2 speed / variable speed / 3 speeds are different.

This is out of the 69 manual, it doesn't give you what you need?

Attachments

• motor.jpg
    motor.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 269
  • motor2.jpg
    motor2.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 249
They're pretty simple, P1 & P2 are the internal park switch terminals, L is low speed which is ran threw the resistor and H is high speed.

Auto Transport Service
Back