• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 426 Hemi Road Runner convertible recreation

Closed at $76.1k, didn't hit reserve. Still a hell of a lot of coin for a clone, even if it is a Hemi.

I wonder why they didn't convert the interior to a GTX as well.
I love the stance. The go wing I can do without. I had one on my 70 RR and it looked right. Doesn't work for me on the vert.

I looked at the hemi RR convertible recreation before seeing this thread. Thought the same thing about the VIN. What was it originally? If that's what your looking for, great and it actually looks nice. My concern was it was some 318 Belvedere coupe that was butchered into this and who knows what was done. Wouldn't consider bidding on that with a lot more details.

I looked at the hemi RR convertible recreation before seeing this thread. Thought the same thing about the VIN. What was it originally? If that's what your looking for, great and it actually looks nice. My concern was it was some 318 Belvedere coupe that was butchered into this and who knows what was done. Wouldn't consider bidding on that with a lot more details.

Another member, Nick2317, emailed the seller who gave Nick the real Vin. It was RM27NOG233024, which is a 383 RR convertible.

That's kinda what I was suspecting, still I thought it was a felony to swap vin #s

That's kinda what I was suspecting, still I thought it was a felony to swap vin #s
I think the VIN on the car and the title are the real VIN. It's in his listing that he uses a Hemi VIN. That's the issue.

He just re-listed it. No change, still with the bogus VIN. What do you guys think? Give him a heads up on what we think and a chance to correct it?

Either way its fraud to list in the auction with a wrong vin. Trying to get someone to buy it by false information.

This seller has used multiple ID's on EBAY another red flag
The box below contains the User IDs that this member has used on eBay.
s.gif

s.gif

User ID Effective Date End Date
moparc Mar-03-04 Present
wiaar Jan-26-03 Mar-03-04
aarfish May-02-01 Jan-26-03

and Roadrunners were offered as Convertible - but not the GTX.

Correct! I think it was '68-'70 Road Runners & '68-'69 GTX's that were available as a convertible. NJRR clued me in about the Satellite convertibles (not Sport Satellite) in '70 and I have no idea about '68 or '69 Satellite convertibles???

So RM27N0G is a 383 RR 'vert.. The guy should just show a pic of the fender tag and title and put it to bed. It's a beauty regardless.

So RM27N0G is a 383 RR 'vert.. The guy should just show a pic of the fender tag and title and put it to bed. It's a beauty regardless.
He should but he isn't. And he has the phony "HEMI" VIN in the listing. Seems like he's trying to scam a sucker.

Totally agree the car is sweet.

Looks like the bidders are catching on. Listing closed $13+k lower than the first time around, $62,600 vs $76,100.

Auto Transport Service
Back