• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 Charger interior hood release

1970DCH

Local time
1:20 AM
Reaction score
I’ve been searching for a replacement interior hood release cable for my 1970 Charger, but I can’t seem to find a replacement for a 1970 B-body. The only options I find are for 1971+. Does anyone know what would work? I assume it’s the length that is different, but stumped on why I can’t find a part that lists 1970 fitment.

I have never seen one of those in a Charger before the 71 models.

I’ve been searching for a replacement interior hood release cable for my 1970 Charger, but I can’t seem to find a replacement for a 1970 B-body. The only options I find are for 1971+. Does anyone know what would work? I assume it’s the length that is different, but stumped on why I can’t find a part that lists 1970 fitment.
What makes you think there was ever a 70 Charger with an inside release.

I'll bet that one could be adapted but I've never seen the hood latch for one. You could use a cable and interior knob/lever from another model but the '70 Charger latch and release are unique. You'd have to weld a loop to the latch for the cable.

What makes you think there was ever a 70 Charger with an inside release.
Fair point; I suppose I thought it had one as I’ve seen other Mopar 1970 models listed for hood release cables I have found. My Charger is missing some front end components so I wasn’t sure. It’s currently got a latch somewhat deep inside with a hanging 8 inch metal rod that almost looks like it could be linked a cable.

I see how the mechanism works now; I misled myself by thinking it was cable operated. Thanks guys.

Auto Transport Service
Back