• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 Daytona Replica

I don’t think he read your post entirely before responding.

But whatever- let’s get some pictures rolling!! And don’t let some dorks here ruin it for you!!!!

My 69 Charger has a 340. It’s fun to see how that doesn’t work in people’s heads at the cruise night!

Seriously. I have researched these things. Saw them in some magazines. On barret Jackson or Mecum. Can’t believe you don’t see more remakes of these. It looks so right on the 71’s
It all started with the photos of the 1/4 scale wind tunnel models featured in the G Series aerocars report. I showed them to my friend and his wife, who are huge 71 B body enthusiasts, and then we taped the nose and wing from a Superbird model onto a 71 Charger model, and that went from 1/25 scale to a full scale car within a years time. I located both the 71 Charger, and the 71 GTX that were used to build both wingcars.

Technically I paid 500 for the valve covers but I got heads brackets timing cover oil pan dual point distributor and some other stuff for free with it lol. So when you break it down I paid like $40 for the valve covers.
They're just standard peices off of a random 440.
Actually, the 70s Valve Covers are a 1 Off....
Cool project, you scored Dude!
Congratulations!

I've got 6500 in the car as it sits right now so I couldn't do that. Plus me and you both know I got a deal.

I'm not dropping the hobby or the build. Just not going to post any progress on here if any of my attempts at posting such are going to be overshadowed by some retired asshole that can't get over the fact someone said a word wrong, and therefore feel like they must create an unbearable argument with a random teenager he's never met online.

Excuse my french but that's pretty fuck1ng
r-tart3d if you ask me.

So I'll just pop in if I have questions, enjoy the builds and maybe when it's finished I'll post it up. That way nobody gets offended if I say something wrong. I think that's pretty fair.

It's sad a young man can't join a group without some boomer getting his britches full of skid mark over some trivial dumb $h1t. But hey life's a b1tch huh?

Enough to turn a preacher sour! Lol. Sorry this thread went south. If it goes any further I'm just gonna delete it. Might do that in a few days anyways for the sanctity of the forum.
It always pisses me off when someone picks on a poster for using the wrong term. I think they sit in front of their monitor and just wait to pounce on anyone who makes a mistake. Must be sad if that's all you have to do with your life. We knew what you meant and so did he. What a miserable person he must be :-(

MAYBE the soap box orator with have the necessary plumbing, be an adult and publicly apologize to you. Especially since he gave out his thesis on a public forum. If not, I understand your position to be stealthy.

LMAO...happened to me not long ago. I own a Superbird and said "six-pack" in a thread on another site, not really paying attention to what I typed, and knowing that Plymouth didn't call it a "six-pack" but called it a 6-bbl...same F'ing thing..lol

Anyway... I hope all can move past and keep us posted with pics too. BTW...I want to put a Superbird/Daytona (replica, duplicate, clone or tribute) kit on a newer Challenger. I've seen one or two and thinks it's cool.

LMAO...happened to me not long ago. I own a Superbird and said "six-pack" in a thread on another site, not really paying attention to what I typed, and knowing that Plymouth didn't call it a "six-pack" but called it a 6-bbl...same F'ing thing..lol

Anyway... I hope all can move past and keep us posted with pics too. BTW...I want to put a Superbird/Daytona (replica, duplicate, clone or tribute) kit on a newer Challenger. I've seen one or two and thinks it's cool.
I’ve had my ‘70 ‘Cuda E87 D21 since early ‘83. And I’ve always referred to it as a 440 Six Pack. When I got my Charger in ‘85, same V code 4 speed, I called it a 6 barrel. JK. 8^}

Auto Transport Service
Back