• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 Disc Brake Interchange

Dutchrebuild

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:43 AM
Reaction score
Been rummaging around in my local classic car junkyard for 70 disc brake stuff...6 b body's later and all drums....but their are a few 70 C bodies with complete disc brake setups...are any of the parts interchangeable with a B body?
Master?
Booster?
Calipers?
Caliper brackets?
Anything?

You can pretty well buy everything you need new at RockAuto, except the mounting brackets.

I forgot. You will need correct spindles as well. These are interchangeable side to side, depending on how you have to mount your calipers. I used the 1970 setup on my 1964 Polara and had to rear mount my calipers to clear my front sway bar.

PA280018.JPG

This article will tell you what you need and which cars to get the stuff from. As previously stated, you can get everything but the spindles and brackets from Rock Auto OR any local auto parts store.

https://www.allpar.com/threads/disc-o-tech-stop-on-a-dime.237038/
Thanks for the reference to Professor Rick Ehrenberg's original disc conversion article, which utilizes ALL
factory Mopar components (you still have to find them, but they're listed item by item in his article).

The only issue that's kept me from buying any of the aftermarket kits (and a lot of the "conversion" kits, like
the one from Pirate Jack) is that there are Chinese produced parts in them.
I personally will not use Chinese spindles when I do mine, for example. That's a no-go, too many bad stories
out there of failures of those....

except the mounting brackets.

I believe that Dr Diff sells the caliper brackets (repro) but
I don't remember if they were for the larger size rotor, 11.75 or the smaller 10.87 rotors. I do not know where
they are manufactured.

I appreciate all the info... after consideration I believe I will use a complete 1974 Challenger disc brake set up I have on a parts car out...seems the easiest route to take

Auto Transport Service
Back