• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1971 Charger R/T Taillights Bezel

Moparcm

Local time
3:48 AM
Reaction score
We are restoring a 1971 Charger R/T. We are having a debate on what color the taillight bezel are supposed to be. We know that some of them are black and some are gray. We need to know which color and what the paint number is.

Thanks for the help.

Curtis

I think one determining factor has to do with wether it is a painted bumper car or not. A couple of buddies and I went through this same thing last year with a painted bumper car and we determined that black was correct but I don't remember what black we used, 30 degrees gloss I think.

THEORICALLY blacks are just for 72 Rallyes, all chromed bumpers, all 71s R/Ts and Bees were argent painted bumpers or not. This become a large debate at Moparts sometime ago

I think we went straight to the dude with the '71 Charger museum with the question along with the guy that runs the registry.

I think we went straight to the dude with the '71 Charger museum with the question along with the guy that runs the registry.[/QUOT

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks so much for the much needed information. I really appreciate your help.

moparcm

- - - Updated - - -

I think we went straight to the dude with the '71 Charger museum with the question along with the guy that runs the registry.[/QUOT

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks so much for the much needed information. I really appreciate your help.

moparcm

Tim Welborn is the guys name that that's got the extensive collection of these and I'm not saying we got the definitive answer from anybody but we based our decision to go with black on a painted bumper car by talking to people we thought would know best.

would be fine try to find the moparts discusion LOL... I can't tell it for sure.

Auto Transport Service
Back