• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SOLD 1971 Dodge Charger 383 SE numbers matching rare paint code

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rikker

Local time
3:36 AM
Reaction score
Contact seller
1971 Dodge Charger SE. 383 Magnum/727 transmission Numbers Matching, Fender Tag, rare paint code. Floor slap shift. The vehicle is a COMPLETE non molested vehicle including all original trim, badges, interior, still has the original shocks. This is a RUST FREE vehicle! Floor pans, trunk pans, frame rails all rust free- even has most of the original undercoating. Everything works including the hideaway headlights(perfect shape), gauges, lights, etc. The engine has been gone through completely put back with all new seals/gaskets. Steering pump and oil pump rebuilt. New timing chain, and new harmonic balancer. Changed out the distributor to MSD electronic and coil. New ceramic plug wires and plugs. The original radiator has been rebuilt new core. New gas tank and sending unit. The original gas tank is perfect, but had ordered a new one before I pulled it to replace the sending unit so I replaced it. (still have the original tank if you want it) New Moog tie rods and idler arms. New horns. All new wiring gone through in the engine bay. All parts powder coated and painted. New ignition and turn signal wire harness. Has a Real Buldge Hood in great shape (we know how much those are worth!). The original interior is all there including all panels with badges which are in great shape. The headliner,seats, carpet (which is the original carpet) and dash pad should be redone. Rare paint code of GA4-Gun Metal Gray. It looks like it was repainted probably back in the 80’s. Needs a paint job or leave it as a sleeper. (still has original color in the trunk and underside of trunk lid). Has a dent in the passenger front fender and passenger right rear fender-all minor and can be banged out(see pics). All gaps are good and body is straight as an arrow. I have every original part that has been replaced including the starter, the distributor, the AFB Carter carburetor (which I had rebuilt but decided to use a new Elderbrock AVS when the engine was done). I have a replacement dash panel because someone had cut the woodgrain panel to put in a modern radio. I have 1971 radio , a new speedometer (the original bounces might be the cable), and an extra rear bumper. All will come with the vehicle. Even have the old nut/bolts and wiring so you know what was replaced and refurbish if you want. This is a RUST FREE vehicle with a clean California Title. It is the perfect candidate for a partial restore or complete. Put in a new interior and paint job along with some love and you have a great investment. OR just leave it as a sleeper. I don’t want to give her up because will probably never find one like her again, but have to concentrate on my other projects that need attention. See below Fender Tag decode. The build sheet is probably under the original carpet I have not pulled the interior yet to look for it. Priced to sell.
$16.200.00 or best offer. Will assist with shipping. I tried to describe it fully but please feel free to inquire with additional questions and I will try to answer.
1971 St. Louis, MO, USA 145560: Sequence number
E65: 383 cid 4 barrel V8 300hp D32: Heavy Duty Automatic Transmission
GA4: Light Gunmetal Poly Exterior Color CRX9: Trim - Charger, Leather Bucket Seats, Black
TX9: Black Int. Door Frames
IMG_3922.JPG

B13: Build Date: November 13
051201: Order number VX4: Unknown Top Color
U: USA Specifications B11: H.D. Drum Brakes 10in - Auto Adj. (A-Body)
C16: Console w/Woodgrain Panel C55: Bucket Seats
G31: OS RH Manual Standard Mirror G33: LH Remote Racing Mirror
J52: Inside Hood Release L37: Concealed Headlamps
M21: Roof drip rail moldings M31: Belt Moldings
M44: Hood and Fender Moldings N41: Dual Exhaust
N85: Tachometer R11: Radio Solid State AM (2 Watts)
V7X: Accent Stripes, Black END: End of Sales Codes
IMG_3899.JPG
IMG_3904.JPG IMG_3933.JPG IMG_3935.JPG IMG_3938.JPG IMG_3950.JPG IMG_3918.JPG

IMG_3899.JPG

Last edited:
I have been watching the post. In my humble opinion the price should be 12-14k.
I know we would always want what we put into it and understand I will not receive that amount and that it is more of a labor of love for the car. That is why I put For Best Offer and more than willing to accept a decent offer. Looking forward to offers. Thank you for the feed back I always like the comments and assistance from my fellow MOPAR brothers.

Dear members.....commentary in classified ads is not allowed.

After talking to a few friends and advice from FBBO I have it posted for Best offer but will lower the price to generate some offers. Would like to sell it to a good FBBO home instead of posting it in the open market
$14,000.00 OBO

I think that code should be v4x which would call for a half vinyl top,black in color

Hi did it or does it have a vinyl top, it's hard to see in the photos? Thanks.
Yes it was a vinyl top Black as code VX4. It no longer has the top obviously but it would look cool if replaced one day.

Hi did it or does it have a vinyl top, it's hard to see in the photos? Thanks.
The original top would have come up to the rear window (half top) just as 400sforever stated. Its a cool look I think.

Hi, Any rust on the roof and/or A pillars? Is it, running, driving stopping and on the road? Could you include some shots of the dash and frame rails? Thanks.

Hi, Any rust on the roof and/or A pillars? Is it, running, driving stopping and on the road? Could you include some shots of the dash and frame rails? Thanks.
There is no rust on the roof . The is a small area to the left of the front window (driver's side) that needs a little new lead put in it from the area of the old vinyl roof where it ended. There is no rust on the frame rails all solid. Its a California car. Yes the engine runs great. All gone through see original description above. It drives and stops. Everything works all lights etc. Needs new shocks they are shot it is the original suspension from 1971 LOL. The suspension is original except from all new Moog tie rods/idler arms. I attached a few more pics. The last pic is the top of the roof.

IMG_3910.JPG IMG_3940.JPG IMG_3968.JPG IMG_3976.JPG IMG_3908.JPG IMG_3958.JPG IMG_3956.JPG IMG_3975.JPG IMG_3988.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back