• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOR SALE 1971 GTX Numbers Matching 440 Engine NO FENDER TAG, NO BUILD SHEET - $15K

roadrunner57

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:57 AM
Reaction score
Contact seller
  • NO FENDER TAG, NO BUILD SHEET

• So I purchased this guy a couple years ago with the intent of doing the bodywork, then getting it painted and drive it around with my arm hanging out the window. Unfortunately, I am now two years older and had a couple injuries that most folks my age do not recover completely from. In fact, a couple doctors said, quit doing that stuff!! So I am trying to sell this to someone that would appreciate and coddle it. It is a matching numbers 440 car, engine date coded late 1969. I do not think the transmission matches. This car was stripped and repainted many years ago it looks like and has a little filler for dings and dents. I have a conscience and do not want to mislead or flat lie about anything. So, if interested, please ask questions or better yet, come see it.

• It has rust in non typical places that I not have seen while looking around. To me the rust around the door pillars/cowl on both sides are the most difficult.

• So here is what I have:

• Tilt steering, column shift
  • Factory AC
  • Chrome mirrors in decent shape
  • Hood signal lights
  • Rear bumper w/rubber moulding (removed as of now)
  • Rear window defogger
  • Rocker Mouldings
  • Electric windows
  • Electric antenna
  • The 440 ran but smoked and was told it was valve guide seals
  • I did a compression test on five cylinders and they are around 125 to 130
  • Automatic transmission
  • 8 ¾ rear, not sure if sure grip and gear ratio
  • Bucket seats, NO console

• The frame rails look good I think (have pics)

• The quarterpanels are probably salvageable. The driver side will need a patch panel and the passenger side minor filler. (have pics) Both sides need patching around rear windows but are covered with moulding which I have.
  • The driver side front fender is decent but will need a patch panel and has a dent up front (have pics)

• The passenger side front fender will need minor filler (have pics)
  • Will need front floor pan, have a used rear floor pan
  • Will need trunk pan right side, left looks like it can be salvaged
  • Both doors will need minor filler
  • The roof looks like it had a vinyl top, very possibly was manufactured for a moon roof w/surface rust
  • Around both front and rear windshields will need minor filler
  • The passenger front door sags. The pillar/cowl will need repaired, probably replaced
  • The driver front door does not sag, but will need the pillar/cowl repaired or replaced. IMO these two places are what is BAD. The rest of the body is repairable according to a highly regarded body man
  • The hood has surface rust around the 440 callout
  • The trunk lid is in nice shape, small dent where it closes.
  • Both sides need trunk gutters replaced. I have one side.
  • The dutchman panel needs work but I have a used replacement
  • The grill and all trim are with the car, all needs some attention though
  • Probably 95% of the parts are there, just need some attention.
  • Please PM me with any questions and I will get back to you as soon as humanly possible. I have more pics too.

• Located in Winchester VA. $18K OBO.
IMG_3916.JPG

IMG_3917.JPG

IMG_3918.JPG

IMG_3919.JPG

IMG_3920.JPG

IMG_3921.JPG

IMG_3922.JPG

IMG_3923.JPG

IMG_3924.JPG

IMG_3925.JPG

CWO4, US Army Ret 1975-2006 :usflag:

The engine is date coded 1969 but is "matching numbers" for a 1971 car?

I saw that. The VINs match on the block, the VIN on dash & the door frame. I haven't check the other VIN locations, really cannot remember where they are but will if someone tells me where to look. Thanks.

You talking the casting date on the side of the block or the stamp on the raised pad behind the AC compressor? I can see a late 69 casting getting finally built for early '71 car production. Should be a G440...

Auto Transport Service
Back