• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1972 Charger Rallye Project for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

gschmidt211

Local time
12:49 PM
Reaction score
Contact seller
I am selling my 1972 Charger Rallye project car. I am asking $4250.00 OBO. The vin is WH23M2G145663. This is a GY8 Gold Metallic, 400-2 Auto transmission car, with A/C. The interior is black I purchased it about 3 years ago and I have completely taken it apart and it is now ready for bodywork and paint. The car is originally a 2-barrel car. When I bought the car, it did not have the original drivetrain. However, I purchased a rebuilt 400-4 barrel motor and transmission out of a 1972 Charger SE to go into this car. You can see pictures of the motor and trans in the attached link below. The VIN tag is also included in the lot of pictures.

I purchased the car out of Kansas City, KS and it is a very solid car. My first plan was to part the car for the bulge hood and louvered doors and other parts, but once I got it home and started to take things apart, the car revealed that it was in really good shape. The car has not been outside in the weather a single day since I bought it.

I was driving a 1972 Satellite at the time and was ready to either start a project or get a new Challenger. I decided to keep this car and build it for myself. I pictured and tag all of items as I took them off of the car. I have a couple of screen shots of the database I put together to track the parts.

I have decided to put the car up for sale as another opportunity has presented itself and I would like to take advantage of it, but it means that one has to go to make room and free up cash for another.

I have a clear and clean Wisconsin title. I have the build sheet that was in the trunk.

Everything I have accumulated for the car is included in the sale. I have some new items purchased from vendors. I have used items from swaps. I have also started to clean and paint some of the brackets, such as rear sway bar linkage, mounting plates, etc. I am probably forgetting some items included in the sale, but here is a list of items included:

The rolling chassis as seen in the pictures.
1972 Bulge Hood
3 sets of doors (2 sets w/rallye louvers, 1 standard set)
1 1971 trunk lid with cutouts for rear spoiler
1 1972 trunk lid
front and rear valance (rear without cutouts)
Passenger and drivers fenders
2 front bumpers (one core and one decent driver)
The core is off of the car and has the grilles and all other brackets attached
Complete dash assembly with extra rallye dash bezel (tach that needs to be rebuilt)
Front bucket seats with auto console
Console shift steering wheel
Rallye taillight housings and bezels (do not have lenses)
Most emblems are with the car.
The missing emblems are the “Dodge” for the grill and the arrows for the left and right c-pillar.
All of the chrome that was with the car or that I purchased. The only missing pieces of chrome are the wheel well trims pieces and the two rocker arm pieces. Those can both be purchased new.
26” radiator with shroud
Rebuilt 400 out of a 1972 Charger SE
Rebuilt 727
Complete disc brake k-frame with new bushings and brakes.
All of the labeled parts that came off of the car

The car is located just outside of Milwaukee, WI.

A link to pictures is:

http://gallery.me.com/gschmidt211#100047

Please send me an email if interested. My email is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.com.

Thank you.
Greg Schmidt

Attachments

• Present Day 9:18:11.jpg
    Present Day 9:18:11.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 1,786
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back