• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1972 dodge charger se brougham sound system

ashtin

Local time
1:09 AM
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how many speakers, what size speakers and what type of speakers and 1972 dodge charger se with the brougham package and bucket seat it’s an automatic

Are you asking about factory systems or what will fit?

I am the second owner of my SE Brougham, I actually had my OE front speaker up until about a year ago and sold it; needed to be rebuilt.

Can't remember back what I had 35 years ago when I bought it but I do know originally I had the rear window defogger option which is mounted on the passengers side in a 6 x 9 opening. The drivers size has a 5 x 7 opening, I think someone had drilled holes to mount a 6 x 9 speaker. Maybe it was me.

Check the boards there are quite a few discussions on the topic.

The closer opening in the picture is the drivers side 5 x 7.

52360071139_8f097f0c0c_z.jpg

There was also an adapter that let you mount both the defogger unit and a 6x9 speaker for the passengers side. Not reproduced and hard to find.

The front speaker opening is for a 4x10

R11 is a AM mono single dash speaker.

I want to say that even a "stereo" system would have the dash speaker and one rear speaker.

...and that fader knob above the speedo, where the map light is.

Are you goin straight factory or are you looking to put some sort of "sound system" in it?? If it helps, I ran 2 Kenwood 6x9's, (it either fit or I made one side fit don't remember), a 10" sub in the trunk with a 200watt Kenwood amp and 2 small tweeters where the front center speaker was. Sounds amazing for what it is. Mounted the Pioneer stereo in the glove box. Has a remote and Bluetooth

Resized_20220429_154359.jpeg

Resized_20220427_161518.jpeg

Resized_20220427_162735.jpeg

View attachment 1346626

Last edited:
Are you goin straight factory or are you looking to put some sort of "sound system" in it?? If it helps, I ran 2 Kenwood 6x9's, (it either fit or I made one side fit don't remember), a 10" sub in the trunk with a 200 Kenwood amp and 3 small tweeters where the front center speaker was. Sounds amazing for what it is. Mounted the Pioneer stereo in the glove box. Has a remote and Bluetooth

View attachment 1346624

View attachment 1346623

View attachment 1346625

View attachment 1346626
That actually helps a lot thanks

Auto Transport Service
Back