• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1974 Charger SE: restoring dash pad

74ChargerSE440

Local time
6:10 PM
Reaction score
Looking to restore my 1974 Charger dash pad. Has anyone done this and also has some pictures before and after? Which restoration shop is best? Any advise would be appreciated.

1974_dodge_charger_1974_dodge_charger_44243057-4c43-4c41-872c-8b4f5c54ba3a-hEfS2B-21996-21998-...jpg

There are at least 2 companies offering replacement pads.

They were both pricey last time I checked, but one was way more.

Plus there's the plastic cap.

I've never seen an upholstery shop cover that looked good to my eye.

Here might be an option if you want to try to repair your own dash.

Just Dashes comes to mind. Expensive but they use your old frame. Being that you are in Holland the shipping back and forth will surely add up. I have an aftermarket dash in my Cuda (came with the car) and the fit is not that good. I'd never buy another aftermarket dash unless it came with great reviews,
Dash Pad Restoration Archives | Just Dashes
I've seen people put carpet pads on the dash to hide cracks. Much cheaper and can buy you time while you save up the big dollars for getting the original restored.
https://www.covercraft.com/us/en/shop/1974-dodge-charger/dash-covers/

@slepr1 Thanks for referring to Just Dashes. The process and results look impressive. Is there anyone out there who has experience with any of their restoration services?

There are two main players on 71-74 pads right now that use a steel core. Ultimate Rides, (Alan Foxx) Classic industries carries his. You might get one that fits or not. I have bought two of them, one was OK, the other garbage. The other is ABCmoparts.com, I have used one and the fit and finish was nice. Being where you are your taking a chance on any restored pad for fit and finish but one would be half the cost of Just Dashes.

I had Just Dashes do the pad in my 71 Charger. Excellent job, dying and fit.

ABCMoparts if he has any in stock is the best option. I've dealt with ABC, Fox and JD many times over the years.

Depending on your goal, show car or driver for example, you can make it look good with a dash cap.

I cut off the raised, cracked vinyl, filled the cracks with plastic putty and color matched a dash cap on mine.

6652F287-E6B6-45D6-906E-ED7354A614D9.jpeg

Depending on your goal, show car or driver for example, you can make it look good with a dash cap.

I cut off the raised, cracked vinyl, filled the cracks with plastic putty and color matched a dash cap on mine.

View attachment 1394542
Have you installed it back into the car yet? I did that same thing. Installed a cap with the dash out of the car. After I installed it back into the car I couldn't get the speaker grill back in. I actually had to wait until I replaced the windshield to get the grill back in.
1672449064334.jpeg

Have you installed it back into the car yet? I did that same thing. Installed a cap with the dash out of the car. After I installed it back into the car I couldn't get the speaker grill back in. I actually had to wait until I replaced the windshield to get the grill back in.
View attachment 1394549
Have not reinstalled yet, but my glass is out.

ABCMoparts if he has any in stock is the best option. I've dealt with ABC, Fox and JD many times over the years.
Unfortunately ABCMoparts 'DOES NOT SELL INTERNATIONALLY'. Well that's loud and clear then.

I found this one on ebay. The shippings costs are only $728... Someone bought one of these dashes?
Shoptntparts
Schermafbeelding 2023-01-01 213532.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back