• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1974 Road Runner GTX saved from being parted out

sdweatherman

Local time
4:16 AM
Reaction score
Yep, I am at it again. I have a weakness for lost causes - but it is the only way I can afford any type of semi-rare Mopar. This one came to my attention about 3 years ago. Jeremy MacDonald and crew from Shade Tree Vintage Auto and DD Auto & Salvage out of Logan Utah scooped up 17 Mopars and a ton of parts out of New York. Their YouTube videos where they talk about this car are here:

They hauled them back to Utah, assessed their spoils, and figured out what they were going to keep, and what they were going to part and sell. The rough blue RRGTX in these videos went up for sale, and I took notes and filed it away in my Mopar database. Fast forward to April 2023 - and Jeremy posts a new YouTube video on this car - giving potential buyers one last chance to purchase this car whole for LESS than parts value. It didn't take me long to gather up a trailer, and hit the road to Utah.

After a fairly uneventful road trip, thankfully, the car is safe and sound in western SD - tucked away in the car corral in the back yard. Here are some pictures of it in New York, in the salvage yard, on the trip home, and arriving at its final destination - safe and sound.

20210813_web.jpg

20221124_01_web.jpg

20230525_100000.jpg

20230525_142434.jpg

20230526_192815_web.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back