• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SOLD 1976 D100 SWB BB 4 speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmchrgr

Local time
6:24 PM
Reaction score
Contact seller
'76 D100 Custom, short bed, 2WD, BB, 4 speed. Original West Coast truck out of Oregon. I have owned it since 2014. The truck will need to be restored. It is not running and has been sitting outside for about 2 1/2 years. It had a 400 in it. There is currently no motor but the mounts are still there. NP435 low 1st gear manual trans with correct BB bellhousing, early '70s truck 8 3/4 rear with 3.23 gears. Disc brakes in front, drum rear. Driver's side fuel tank, dual exhaust with side exit. Sport mirrors, 15x7 cop wheels with redline dog dish hubcaps all around.

Frame is good. Has surface rust but no rot. Has some rust in the cab above the upper passenger-side door frame which will need to be repaired. Per the P.O., there was an antenna clipped to the drip rail for many years and moisture worked its way in. The rest of the cab is mostly OK; floors are not rotted out, corners, rockers, cowl area and door hinge areas seem OK from the outside. Bed is fair but starting to bubble around the wheel openings, looks like some older quick and dirty body work showing through. Bed floor is rough but not rusted out. Bird bath hood is decent. Latch does not work great, sometimes you have to futz with it to get it open. Fenders are starting to rust on the bottoms. Still has the side emblems. Tailgate is nice and straight.

Needs a lot of body work, there are dings and dents in almost every panel. Though parts of it may be, I've never been sure if the paint is the original color but I'm fairly certain it's not. Looks like remnants of some sort of stripe decals on the side. Rolled pan, no rear bumper. Front bumper is fair, has a small crease and some light pitting. Grille could use some work but it's not completely destroyed. The windshield laminate is fogging around the perimeter. Side and rear glass are OK.

There are some NOS/surplus parts on the truck - front marker lamp assemblies, one of the rear tail lamp lenses, driver's side door panel, both arm rests, the seat belts and the radiator overflow tank.

Comes with two dash wiring harnesses. The one that came in the truck was butchered and subsequently replaced with a '77 m.y harness mated to the appropriate fuse box and a NOS bulkhead connector. Most everything was working except the radio. I have everything that was taken out of the dash and will organize it all for the buyer. Have an NOS small block engine harness that I was using with the BB. The ultimate plan was to convert the truck to a 360 with an OD 833 but obviously that never materialized.

The axle bearings, seals and rear drum brakes are all only a few years old. Has 2" lowering shackles in the rear which help reduce the typical truck stink bug stance. When it was running the truck drove, stopped and handled quite well. Has a newer plastic reservoir master cylinder and newer brake booster. Tires are OK, they're Yokohama LT/SUV type. Have a full sized spare that rides in the bed. Never had a problem with the brakes or steering though it should all be gone through at this point. Has a bolt-on trailer hitch.

Bench seat is believed to be original but it is worn and will need to be reupholstered. The carpet is not the original style, it's some cheapo thin audio store type. The dash bezels will need to be re-done. Solid rear window, no slider. Have an original Tuff wheel but somehow I no longer have the column adapter. The steering wheel grip is loose which is annoying when driving. Truck is pretty bare bones with no real options to speak of.

Asking $2,000 as it sits now, including all the take offs and whatever extra parts I have for it. Is what it is, not much else to say.

Located in Stamford, CT about an hour outside of NYC. Truck must be picked up and trailered but can help loading if needed. Not looking to trade, cash in person only. Clear title in my name. Last registered in NY state.

PM here with questions. Pics on request, please be specific if there is something you want to see in particular and include an email I can send to.

- Greg

IMG_0025_sm.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back