• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1976 plymouth fury sport header question

sandman

Local time
7:12 AM
Reaction score
HI, I have a 440 that I swapped into my Plymouth fury sport and was wondering if anybody could tell me if 440 headers for a 1974 roadrunner would fit properly? I've been using the factory high performance exhaust manifolds on it but think it'll run a lot faster with a good set of headers. any insight would help THANKS!!

a friend of mine has a 77 cordoba with a 440 he used hooker comps for 68 to 70 b body they fit great

To answer your question fro Mr. B yes I have power steering but I had to run an older style brackets to clear the header. Any other questions I'll be happy to answer. Bruce P.S. Sorry it took so long to answer.

what brackets did you have to run on your set up because I have to redo mine because the way I have it set up is making the power steering pump leak and break from tension of the belt so any information as to what you did would be great thanks for the help!

The header might hit the power steering box (the 2 middle pipes) also getting the starter off it's impossible without removing the header.
I installed Schumacker headers for B-FMJ body a little pricey but they work and you can access the starter (old type or newer) without any issue.
2012-05-05 13.32.24.jpg2012-05-05 17.42.10.jpg

Attachments

• 2012-05-05 11.33.40.jpg
    2012-05-05 11.33.40.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 77
Auto Transport Service
Back