• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SOLD 1978 Dodge Monaco Police Package

Status
Not open for further replies.

JWizzy442

Local time
2:19 AM
Reaction score
Contact seller
978 Dodge Monaco 440 Police Package

See this web page for the build and sponsors of this Monaco

http://monacorestorationproject.blogspot.com/2007/07/invitation-to-sponsors.html?m=1

Original 440 police package vehicle

Original 440 bored .30 over

Aluminum heads

Edelbrock intake

Double pumper carb

MSD ignition

Rebuilt 727 trans

3.90 suregrip rear end

New tires in 2020

Electric fuel pump

Car was bought by Sonoma County from Dodge. When it was retired, fella from the area bought it and parked it in a field. It was rescued for a true refresh and repurpose. Been a police vehicle it’s whole life. Rebuilt and repainted to CHP colors true to 1978. Red spot lamp and red and amber rear lamps. Motorola analog radio. Siren system

Finished in 2008 and used only for parades and car shows. You can see some shots of the Monaco in our 4th of July parade and some other events on the blog I posted up too.

Extra set of rear wheels with Mickey Thompson drag radials. Car was only taken down the strip one time on them when it was finished back in 2008.

Car stored inside for the majority of its life after the rebuild.

Only taken out a few times for small get togethers the last few years. Start up and ran a few times a month to keep her fresh.

Truly a piece of police history. Last big engine Mopar used in police work.

This car has had significant amounts of work done but has seen minimal use over the last 14 years. She runs only on premium thanks to the motor setup. Few little things here and there.

Couple of small rust spots on window trim, small leak on the soft return line for the trans oil cooler. One of the interior plastic pieces is broken on the B pillar. The fuel gauge is not functional at the moment.

Car is currently located in Northern California (Solano County/ 94533). I can arrange for meetings to look at the car in person. Not terribly interested in shipping out of state. In state transport can be discussed with some shared shipping costs.

I will be getting some more detailed photos of the car this weekend to add to this post.

reach out to me via PM please.

Asking $30,000 obo.

68DB1BDC-BF7F-4A23-ABF3-0B913BCAFFFE.jpeg C910D445-9B95-4A64-9A39-0BE13BEFDEF5.jpeg CD29AE4F-FEF0-4AD1-876F-749C1F33A696.jpeg 6660DFA1-7FC7-44B9-8550-E2C199DBAB94.jpeg B4E181D7-7865-4F63-8409-6E6F006B3A95.jpeg

The Monaco does have a clear title. The owner has it in hand and ready to transfer to its next owner.
Thanks!

Hi, What is the vin and is a fender tag or build sheet available? Is it possible to view this weekend?

Good luck with that Brian Kilduff... I think the listing is a scam.... cant get a reply from this guy...

also lowering price to $20,000 obo

Good morning folks.

for those of you who have reached out I will check in with you the next few days.

I unfortunately have a bunch of stuff going on and am trying to manage this as well.

I will be responding to messages this evening.

thank you for your time and interest.
Justin

Last edited:
You can contact me at
[Phone number not allowed- please read and abide by rules.]
Opps, sorry for my lack of due diligence :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Hi, What is the vin and is a fender tag or build sheet available? Is it possible to view this weekend?
Sorry for the delayed response. Yes I will post a picture of the fender tag, there was no build sheet under the rear seat when I restored the car.

http://monacorestorationproject.blogspot.com/
Hopefully this link works. If not, please cut and paste it into the search bar and it should bring up all the photos of the car during the process.
And just fyi, the contact info is no longer correct since I’m retired. The email and telephone were my contacts before I retired.
Tons of photos are listed on the right as you scroll down the page. Hope this helps.
If anyone can advise if it is ok to post my email address? I already made the mistake of trying to post my telephone number.

Last edited:
Hello,

Can I get some interior and engine pictures??

Thanks,

Matt

Last edited by a moderator:
Morning Matt
On post #10, I put in a link. It opens to the blog for the car. Scroll down and there are tabs on the right. They are pictures of the various states of the build. If you click on the “440” it will pull up a picture of the motor, and “office space” a picture of the interior. But I will also try to post them here fyi. (Shotgun has been removed)

F400AAEC-6A4C-45DD-B748-D774E6BF2233.jpeg 0058C301-DBA3-42A6-94EC-D14E98ADAD17.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back