• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SOLD 1978 Plymouth Sport Fury $1000 firm must take whole car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Michon

Local time
2:17 PM
Reaction score
Contact seller
Going to offer this one up to Mopar guys first, even though it is not sought after car. You must buy whole car. I will not part out, ship or deliver car. I have a clear Michigan title in my name. This car LOT drives only. It runs, drives and stops. It has a 318 and is complete car to my knowledge except for heater control valve (corroded away), spare tire and Plymouth emblem on quarter panel. Car has new fuel pump, water pump, upper and lower rad hoses, heater hose and spark plugs. I changed the oil and found shavings in oil. It was a lean burn set up and was converted to old points dist by previous owner. Rear 1/4 quarter panels have had patch panels placed over rusted panel from marker light down. Trunk is maybe 20% original the rest is all patch and spray foam. Spring mounting points at rear of trunk very bad. Rails below trunk are intact but I can't say how sound they would be. Springs added over axle to relieve some of stress on trunk floor. Interior I believe is out of a 1977 Plymouth Fury. All of this done by previous owner. All of these items work lights, hazards, turn signals, brake lights, dome light, map light, blower fan, gas gauge, wiper motor only (linkage issue) and oil light (flickers when car is warm). Charging system I don't know, gauge does not move at all. Speedo does not work. Rear axle pinion seal leaks.
Bought this car as a covid relief project. Owner had the paint so I was going to try my hand at painting a car. It's a 40 footer plenty of orange peel and runs. Needless to say I'm not very good at it, but it gave me something to do. This car was last on the road in 1996 and sat in it's unfinished condition for a better part of 25 years in a pole barn. Tires were bought new in 1994 and have held air since, never had to add any air, I have had the car since late fall. Trans received a new converter and rebuild kit in 94 as well. Shifter linkage very sloppy. Last oil change recorded was at about 85000 odometer reading about 90000 now. SELLING THIS CAR AS A PARTS CAR DUE TO ALL THE MECHANICAL AND STRUCTURAL ISSUES. BRING A TRAILER YOU WILL NOT DRIVE THIS CAR HOME. This car is located in Richmond Mi 48063. Selling price $1000 firm.

FQKO8402 (1).JPG IMG_0142.JPG IMG_0145.JPG IMG_0200 (3).JPG View attachment 1106191 View attachment 1106192 View attachment 1106193 IMG_0149.JPG View attachment 1106204 View attachment 1106205 20201219_123235.jpg IMG_0209.JPG IMG_0168.JPG IMG_0213.JPG IMG_0214.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back