• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2" primary Hooker headers for 440

Meep-Meep

дворянин
Local time
5:40 AM
Reaction score
I saw a friends 70 440 Challenger over the weekend and he has 2" Hooker headers with one tube on each side going around the frame side of the torsion bar. I would like to run these on my 69 Road Runner but have not been able to connect a part number to what I saw. They just look like they fit nice and have the large tube I need to get the job done.

If anyone knows what I'm looking for please let us know. I found some 5209's on Summit but no mention of the tube routing.

Thanks.

I have Hooker Comp #5903 headers on my Charger. They fit ok. They are very tight at the power steering box and the passenger side torsion bar. More so the steering box than the torsion bar. I had to put the tube for #5 cylinder in a vice and flatten it a tad. Had I left the manual steering box in the car, there would be no issue. If I ever have to change them, I'm putting stock manifolds back on, it's not worth the hassel.

I hear ya!! I think the unwritten instruction with headers is: #1 remove headers from box #2 get big hammer. I may back pedal on my engine plan for the 69 RR and go with tri y's and save the monster engine and the 4.88's for something I can put a roll cage into.

Auto Transport Service
Back