• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SOLD 318 and 727 transmission

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue_stocker

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:53 AM
Reaction score
Savannah, Tn....I escaped the State of Confusion!
Contact seller
Decent running 318 with 727 coming out of my '67 Belvedere. I don't know if this is the original, replacement engine or if any work has been accomplished other than a small cam & lifters (so I was told), Edelbrock intake and Jegs distributor, no carburetor. I ran a cranking compression test on it a couple of days ago with the following results: 5 cyls were 120, 2 were 125 and one was 100 psig. It runs smoothly and the trans works and shifts as it's supposed to but I have not driven the car since I bought it a few months back. I'll include the full exhaust system, $1000 firm, as-is where is, located near Savannah, Tenn. PM me here if interested, thanks!

20230723_192126.jpg

67 318 is a Poly... So no. not original...

20210711_203512.jpg

20210704_103224.jpg
Lynch Rd '67 Coronet 440. Hydraulic lifter poly sold new in Pa.

Last edited:
Good luck with your sale!
I had a 318/906 combo out of my 68 that ran fine and couldn't give it away!
I ended up getting $300 for everything.

Interesting info from a poly 318 site re:1967 vehicles;

"Chrysler Corp. used up the last of its A318 stock–aside from saving a cache of replacement parts–in its export cars and trucks with most of them sold in Canada. Some of these Canadian-built cars and trucks made their way into the USA market but are still considered export vehicles."
What's odd is that the car itself was built in the U.S. for U.S. sale.

Interesting info from a poly 318 site re:1967 vehicles;

"Chrysler Corp. used up the last of its A318 stock–aside from saving a cache of replacement parts–in its export cars and trucks with most of them sold in Canada. Some of these Canadian-built cars and trucks made their way into the USA market but are still considered export vehicles."
What's odd is that the car itself was built in the U.S. for U.S. sale.
Interesting. What was the build date? Before January 67?

Another of those anything can be with Chrysler products. 1/30 build date. Build sheet plainly marked CAN 318. Sold new in PA. Rare indeed.

Interesting... Turns out I wasn''t completely wrong... I have a buddy with a 67 Satellite that has a Poly 318.. He's owned it since the early 90's & bought it from a older guy who bought it new in 67... My buddy always said it's as it was built by Mopar... So not being to involved with pre-68 stuff... Or 318's.... I accepted that as the way they are...

I was doing a lot of head scratching until I dug a little deeper into that Coronet. Pretty interesting when things stray from what we know as being the norm.

I dug through my '67 service manual and could only come up with certain engine work designated 'US built' and 'Canadian built', other than that...you guys pretty much covered it, thanks for another check mark in my mopar education!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back