• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

38 Yr Awakening, E86 ‘78 Fury 4-Door

You're getting that right block, right? Good luck getting that cam out though...yikes...

I had assumed that the block was long gone or used in another Hot Rod. Even the fella that had it doesn’t have high hopes for the block itself but what he keyed in on was the Big Block motor mounts. He thought those are a hard to get items.

This project will sit for awhile as something else has my full attention now.

Possibly some sort of government agency. The certified speedo probably part of a "cop car" package. I once had a 72 Fury that was set up with the handling package and speedo, etc like a cop car. But it had chrome trim, full wheel covers, and two tone paint. Looked like a grandma car. It had originally been a "revenuer car". (Belonged to Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms.)
The "A38" code on the fender tag is all it takes to confirm it's a "Police Model", which included the 140 mph Speedo, heavy duty suspension, reinforced body, and larger brakes, ect... The F33 code is a left hand spotlight so while it might not have been a precinct car, it was certainly ordered as a patrol-spec unit.

BTW, Nice score, OP! Where is Texas did this come from?

I had assumed that the block was long gone or used in another Hot Rod. Even the fella that had it doesn’t have high hopes for the block itself but what he keyed in on was the Big Block motor mounts. He thought those are a hard to get items.

This project will sit for awhile as something else has my full attention now.

I may have some mounts if you need them someday and can't find a set. I have two late hp police interceptor 440s and i think there might be motor mounts on at least one of them.

The "A38" code on the fender tag is all it takes to confirm it's a "Police Model", which included the 140 mph Speedo, heavy duty suspension, reinforced body, and larger brakes, ect... The F33 code is a left hand spotlight so while it might not have been a precinct car, it was certainly ordered as a patrol-spec unit.

BTW, Nice score, OP! Where is Texas did this come from?

I had a chance to look through some paperwork that came with the Fury and the ‘78 was an Arkansas vee-hickel in the Town of Buckner. It then was relocate to Texarkana which is the area I found it.

B817F991-0F38-4ECF-9B15-FB8B20FB980A.jpeg

B8D62D05-58F5-4BFC-B335-C1EE0F1563CF.jpeg

F06F2E40-CE41-4F03-A65C-6DA485B89735.jpeg

I may have some mounts if you need them someday and can't find a set. I have two late hp police interceptor 440s and i think there might be motor mounts on at least one of them.

I appreciate the good offer @Sam69sat

Luckily, for now, the mounts are attached to the block.

police interceptor
This term gets thrown around too much. It is not an official part of Mopar Police packages. It is like when someone says 8 3/4 posi.
Ford had the Police Interceptor, Dodge and Plymouth used what was called the Police Pursuit.

This term gets thrown around too much. It is not an official part of Mopar Police packages. It is like when someone says 8 3/4 posi.
Ford had the Police Interceptor, Dodge and Plymouth used what was called the Police Pursuit.
333AA847-B74F-43A8-A64A-504A2A0619A6.jpeg

I like the word “Pursuit” more. Sounds more aggressive.

I may have missed it, but have you got it running yet?

Auto Transport Service
Back