• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

392 hemi headers

Cory M

Local time
5:41 AM
Reaction score
Hey all, I'm getting ready to drop a 392 hemi into my 72 Satellite with a Qa1 front coilover conversion kit. I have the Qa1 gen 3 motor mounts. According to Qa1, tti headers are recommended, but they don't say anything about the motor mounts and i know tti recommends theirs with their headers. Has anyone done this combo, and knows for sure what works? Thank you in advance.

I have TTI headers and mounts in a 71 Charger and they fit excellent.
Do you have the qa1 coilover conversion? And am I right in assuming the stock headers or manifolds don't clear?

I have Gerst same as qa1 fit very well 6.4 72 Charger.
Just so I'm 100% clear... The stock exhaust will fit with the gerst? Can I ask what you did for transmission, starter, and front accessory drive?

What combo did you use? On what car?
TTI's on my 70 challenger, with TTI mounts (6.1 stroker with tremec tko)
Hooker headers on my 67 charger with hooker mounts (6.4 swap with 727 and gear vendors)
Other swaps I've done recently for others was a 72 challenger with the hooker stuff, and a 63 belvedere wagon with hooker items. That one is on the hoist now, and I used the hooker manifolds. Tons of room with those, although they will be more restrictive. It sure made the starter install nice.

Are you talking about a Gen 1, 392 hemi or one of those new ones?

Late model Gen 3 Hemi’s.

Using those manifolds gives tons of room. Too bad they don’t make them on 3 inch.

Auto Transport Service
Back