• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB 392 Hemi Pistons

Status
Not open for further replies.

VANDAN

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:24 AM
Reaction score
A friend is in need of a set of pistons for his Willys. The specs are:
1958 392 Hemi
4" bore
.20 over
8 - 8 1/2 C.R.
Forged for Blower

With the trouble getting parts these days, he's on a waiting list.
If you happen to have a set on a shelf, or know of any source for these, let me know. Thanks
2316.jpeg

hot heads shows some don't know if they are in stock tho. didn't show .020 just .030,.040,.060

Yea, the .20 over is the kicker. Thanks

Dan you may try Egge Machine in California,
but I can imagine the price of a piston blank for machining. Just a quick thought....

I used a set from Ross but the compression was right at 9-1 and they only recommend 5 lbs of boost. You could lower it with chamber work and .080 cometics. That said it never blew up with a direct driven 6-71 in a street rod.

What company is he on a waiting list with? So he actually placed an order or just waiting to see if available? 4.020" isn't a popular bore size but there rings to match.

He's placed an order, but they're waiting to be made. The .20 over is the hold up, and he won't machine the block, so he'll have to wait it out. Still hoping might find the needle in a haystack !

Search is over for the pistons. He received them, from the vendor, and has the Hemi back together, and running. He does have both Willys Up for Sale, and they are all steel cars, I believe, and Very Cool Rides !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back