• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

4-Door 1970 Satellite w/ 318 ($2,500)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrCoolDale

Local time
8:28 PM
Reaction score
Contact seller
I hate doing this kind of thing, I'd prefer to finish it, but I'm headed back to school soon. So, I'm selling a project car. I'm located in Northern Delaware. More specifically, Claymont, Delaware. If you're in the area, please feel free to either post here, or email me to setup a time to see the car.

The Satellite is a 4-Door in great condition. There are 2 rust spots that I've found, and I've been all over this car searching hard. One spot is above the passenger side rear wheel well, and the other is the trunk floor. Both spots are easily patched.

The engine is a completely rebuilt 318, and the transmission is a 3 speed, also rebuilt. The drive train has a few thousand invested in it, and it runs strong and shifts smooth. The exhaust is in great condition, and the headers really showcase how powerful the engine is.

The interior is in pretty decent condition, but it does need a new dash cover. Apparently the original owner thought that a cracked dash cover means you should pull the whole thing off and not replace it. It sucks, but you can find these covers on ebay, so not a huge deal.

The headlight bezels are cracked in a few spots, but I did purchase a new set from someone parting out the same model. The new ones are in perfect condition, and will come with the car. There's also a car cover, not that it's worth much, but you can still have it.

Onto the real bad stuff. The electrical is funky. When I picked up the car the electrical seemed to work. I replaced the burnt out bulbs, cleaned up some dirty connections and replaced frayed wires. I took it down for inspection and suddenly the electrical stopped working correctly. Now the windshield wipers and side marker lights only work when the high beams are on. I'm told this is a fairly easy fix, but I don't have the time to invest in it. The windshield wipers and side markers are the only reason the car didn't pass Delaware inspection.

I think I pretty much covered it all. If you have any questions, please let me know. I'll be posting pictures (hopefully) today. My brother is borrowing my digital camera, so I have to wait for him to get home from work.

I'd love to get about $2,500 out of it, but I'll take what I can get. As to my knowledge, this isn't a very common car on the road. I've been to a lot of car shows, and I can only recall ever seeing 2 or 3 of these models. If my asking price is a bit high, please let me know. If you think it's too low, then don't tell me and get yourself a deal. :)

Please, either post your questions and comments here, or email me at [email protected].

I just got my camera back, and so now I'm posting the pictures. Here are pictures of the outside of the car. As you can see, it needs a paint job, but it's still in great shape.

In the engine picture you can see the new MSD ignition, a bunch of new wiring, and the new radiator.

The interior shows that it's in decent shape, could use some work though. The dash needs a new cover, and the idiot that owned the car before me put some playboy bunny stickers on the door.

As you can see in the last picture, that's the extent of the rust on the body. I never found rust on the frame. The trunk has rust on the floor, but other than that, no rust on her. If you have anything you'd like to see detailed images of, please let me know.

IMG_0515.jpg

IMG_0516.jpg

IMG_0517.jpg

IMG_0518.jpg

IMG_0524.jpg

IMG_0520.jpg

IMG_0521.jpg

IMG_0522.jpg

IMG_0519.jpg

Last edited:
I know it's a bit snowy and wet where you are, but is there any chance you could snap a few pics of the underside of the car? Also, could you put up the VIN number for the car?

Thanks in advance!

Also, what kind of rear end is in the car?
and from the pictures, is that rust on the passenger side lower edge of the rear windshield, and the driver's side front door jamb?

It's a bit of surface rust on the door jam, but a quick hit with some sand paper will take it right off. On the lower edge of the rear windshield is a paint chip, I believe that's what you're referring to.

I'm not sure what kind of rear end is in the satellite. I know it's the stock rear end, if that means anything to you.

I'll do my best to get some underbody pictures, but the ground is awfully spongy right now, so I can't really drive it out of my backyard without wrecking my lawn. The ground should be drying up over the weekend, I'll pull it onto the concrete and get some pictures then.

The VIN number is as follows:
RH41G0G243803

No rush on those pictures, I know my dad HATES when the tractor chews up the lawn... I'm still just doing some researching and looking around, so whenever you get a chance to get some pictures, that'd be great.
Also, thanks for clearing up my other questions. And yes, now that I look again, it does look like a paint chip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back