• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

4 piston Wilwood brakes vs single piston stock brakes.

fourgearsavoy

Local time
3:50 AM
Reaction score
I got a set of Wilwood Dyna-lite Pro brakes very cheap and I'm ready to install them on my street/strip Savoy. They use a small 4 piston caliper not much bigger than the Wilwood rear brakes I have on the car now. I'm not doing any road racing or autocross stuff only about a dozen passes down the track per year. My car stops nice now with the single piston 73 Charger brakes and the Dynalite brakes on the rear but I was thinking about stepping up to larger calipers and pads when I do this swap.

Thanks

Gus

According to a wilwood tech guy. A bigger caliper won't help you stop any better than the 4 piston caliper. It just gives you more clamping force. Same with going from 11 inch rotors to the 12.96 inch calipers. It won't be that much of a difference.

I use them on my racecar. There are two differences between the front and rear. The front rotors are thicker and vented vs solid in the rear. There is a spacer between the caliper halves to make up the difference. I've stopped easily from 148 mph with no issues at Dragway 42, KilKare and London Dragway which are all normally 1/8 mile due to ltheir short shutdown.
Doug

Auto Transport Service
Back