• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

413 Industrial block

bobs63wagon

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:47 AM
Reaction score
Asking for a friend. Is it possible to bore a 413 industrial block to make a 426 cu in ? He has an industrial block and asks if that is possible. Not sure if it makes the block too thin. Maybe somebody has had some experience with that situation. Thanks.

You will guess till the end of time until a sonic test is done to determine wall thickness.

I have done it with no problems. Here's the one I had. Dressed up as 426 Street Wedge with "dealer installed" 2X4 setup.

42.jpg

45.jpg

Last edited:
413 to 426 is 0.070" over, and should be fine, but I would also suggest sonic testing the block to make sure the walls are 0.125" or thicker.

Never found one of the 413 industrials that wouldn't go to 426 and work well. Shifted above 7k, and actually had shorter life with .030" over 383 blocks which would eventually crack at the bottoms of cyls.

Bob I’ve bored 2 413’s in years past and haven’t had a problem. The last one is still running in my wagon.

Auto Transport Service
Back