• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

440 and 727 question

cherokeechief79

Local time
1:18 PM
Reaction score
i just bought this combo.it was in a 2wd dodge truck.
its got a long tailshaft trans and i assume a truck oilpan.its also got 2wd truck headers on it.

will this all be compatable to put in my 67 coronet wagon?
i know the headers are a longshot but maybe?

You need a car pan, pickup, dipstick, and car headers.

Yup on the passenger car engine mount brackets and the truck pan like mentioned won't work. Don't know about the headers for a big block working or not but I installed a right side header on my 360 ci trunk engine in my 79 D150 that came off of a small block 'A' body and only had to notch the frame just about 1/8" for it to work. Some stuff like that will surprise you so give it a shot....while other things will bite you lol

In addition to what everyone else said. The truck dipstick should be attached to the side of the oil pan, and a plug installed where the dipstick normally goes. When you have the pan off, use a punch from the bottom side to get the plug out of the block, it's a lot easier than trying to pry it out. And keep all the truck stuff together, someone will want it.

Also, a truck transmission tail shaft housing may not have the boss to attach the bracket for a console shifter. Yours being a wagon shouldn't matter though.

In addition to what everyone else said. The truck dipstick should be attached to the side of the oil pan, and a plug installed where the dipstick normally goes. When you have the pan off, use a punch from the bottom side to get the plug out of the block, it's a lot easier than trying to pry it out. And keep all the truck stuff together, someone will want it.

Also, a truck transmission tail shaft housing may not have the boss to attach the bracket for a console shifter. Yours being a wagon shouldn't matter though.
Agreed and the truck tailshaft is a nice bonus, normally you have to pay for the upgrade

the trans has a new mount on it.
its the type with just a round hole going horizontal.is this right for a car or are they different from a truck?
where can i get the motormount brackets that bolt to the engine?
does someone make aftermarket?

Auto Transport Service
Back