• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

440 six pack carbs

rpm 340

Local time
4:09 PM
Reaction score
I've been clearing out parts I'll never use and decided to sell my 440 six pack carbs and air cleaner I bought in 1982. They have been in my mother's basement in a box for 41 years. Before I sell them I wanted to know exactly what I had. The carbs are in good condition, but look at least ten years old. Now here's where the problem started. There is lots of conflicting info concerning holley carb date codes. After going through countless forums and info sites for days, this is what I think may be correct.
The original carbs have a 4 digit date code above the list number and that's it. Not seeing any with the 3 digit which apparently only changed to 4 digit in 73-74. The dealer replacements and direct connection carbs have a mopar part number, 4 digit date code and a list number. Speed shop carbs have 4 digit date code, list number, and some other numbers. Not sure what they are denoting. Many sites say the 4 digit date code is only after 73, but I believe this may be misinformation. I just want to know what other people have found to be correct, as my carbs are dated november 10, 14, and dec 30 69. Correct for a 70 440 six pack. Going by many threads they say the're 79 . Can't be 89. If I'm correct this may also apply to other makes. Many people may have passed on or sold the proper carb thinking it was a later manufactured carb. I could be wrong. Let me know what you have found to be correct.
IMG_2370.JPG

From the Carb Doctor web site
Holley Carburetor Numerical Index
Number Application OEM No.
R-4382-1A1970 Chrysler Prod., 440 Eng. 3 x 2 Bbl. All Trans. Emission3462845

The new Holley replacements are going for about 650 for the outboards, and 950 for the center, BUT, yours will have to be gone thru and a kit put in at a min.
What they're worth to someone looking for that particular date range, who knows.

Mark

Auto Transport Service
Back