• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

440 Timing Cover Milodon 65650

Zeppelin264

Local time
2:24 PM
Reaction score
Hey All - Looking to replace my stock timing cover on a 71 block (internally balanced). It appears to have the stock timing cover with the timing tab attached. I'm looking at the milodon 65650 and wondering if I need a timing pointer like 440source sells (part #: 121-1063). My other option is to buy the 440source timing cover and pointer. Just curious about the milodon unit.

I know about the AR engineering cover but this is a stock build with aluminum heads so I dont need anything special.

It's just the cover leaks bad and I thought it was the oil pan gasket but it's got to be the timing cover. I replaced the oil pan gasket twice and it still drips at a hot idle in the passenger front corner.

I have an embarrassing oil leak story. I changed cams in my 500" 440. Afterward had a bad oil leak. Pulled the motor back out. Realized the timing cover was not properly seated. It was hung up on the dowel pin. The pin was so tight on the hole in the cover it didn't seat. I drilled the 1/64th larger, no leak. In all the BB I assembled over the years I always checked the timing cover fit after degreeing the cam, that time I skipped that step. OOPS. It was a chrome aftermarket timing cover, not an OEM Mopar cover like I always used. OOPS

Ya, get the Milodon pointer and then use a degree wheel to check the position.

Auto Transport Service
Back