• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

470" Source Stroker Kit Opinions

Just one point of experience. My 500/440 was a true 10.5, EDE RPM heads, ran just fine on the local 93 premium. Flat top pistons about .010 down, .039 gaskets, fairly mild Comp solid cam.

What gas do you plan to run? Why is it so important to get the compression down?
91. I have had several mid 10:1 engines that I struggled with detonation on our 91 gas. Always had to drop the timing a couple degrees and slow the advance curve. My last 2 motors 9.6:1 and 9.7:1 have not had any issues running the timing where they made the most power on the dyno. I've just decided I want to be under 10:1. I'm sure gas quality will not be getting better as time goes on and the power loss is very small when lowering your comp ratio 1/2 point.

91. I have had several mid 10:1 engines that I struggled with detonation on our 91 gas. Always had to drop the timing a couple degrees and slow the advance curve. My last 2 motors 9.6:1 and 9.7:1 have not had any issues running the timing where they made the most power on the dyno. I've just decided I want to be under 10:1. I'm sure gas quality will not be getting better as time goes on and the power loss is very small when lowering your comp ratio 1/2 point.

Got it, I’m not a big fan of taking quench out either. If the 470 gets you there it makes sense.

My Duster 470 has pretty much the same combo as yours but different cam and intake. Comp XE282s-10 a Weiand dual plane and a 3310 Holley. Dang near 550 HP and torque @ 5500 with way more if RPM if needed. The cork is the intake and carb setup. I have a Street Dominator and a 850 DP I will try if our track ever gets a timing system to do back to back tests. With 3.90s it is a fun car on the street and I need to start a Go Fund Me for tires. Should be a 600 HP engine with the induction change and more Torque to boot. It also has good street manners, idles @ 850 with a decent lope. Source says the 470 is better for a street app.

Auto Transport Service
Back