• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

5.7 8hp70

pnypwr

Local time
9:05 AM
Reaction score
So looking into this swap for my 68 charger. I have a 2016 5.7 out of a 2500 Ram. I’m looking into a 8hp70 from a Ram 1500. I see the only difference is there’s a cooler on the side of the trans from a truck. What is everyone using for a controller? Will the terminator x max run the 8hp70 trans? I don’t really need the 8 speed and could run a different variant but I want overdrive. Any insight is appreciated

I am not using an AT but I believe Holley has a controller, but it might be part of their Terminator series.

So looking into this swap for my 68 charger. I have a 2016 5.7 out of a 2500 Ram. I’m looking into a 8hp70 from a Ram 1500. I see the only difference is there’s a cooler on the side of the trans from a truck. What is everyone using for a controller? Will the terminator x max run the 8hp70 trans? I don’t really need the 8 speed and could run a different variant but I want overdrive. Any insight is appreciated
It would be best to ask whoever make the Terminator.

Thank you very helpful why didn’t I think of that

Holley does not control the 8hp transmissions yet. The terminator x max will do a Chrysler 46RE or a GM 4L80/4L60

No, Holley does not yet control the 8 speed

Auto Transport Service
Back