• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

6.4 based 426

What do you want to know? I am researching a 7.0L build utilizing a 6.1L block --- slightly smaller bore than the 6.4L but everything else is similar... stroker kit for the 6.1L uses a 4.080" stroke while the 6.4L uses a 4.050" crank...

In short - you'd just order a stroker kit for the 6.4L block and build the engine with supplied parts... not sure exactly what other information you're looking for

What do you want to know? I am researching a 7.0L build utilizing a 6.1L block --- slightly smaller bore than the 6.4L but everything else is similar... stroker kit for the 6.1L uses a 4.080" stroke while the 6.4L uses a 4.050" crank...

In short - you'd just order a stroker kit for the 6.4L block and build the engine with supplied parts... not sure exactly what other information you're looking for
any tips or issues as in clearance issues , best suppliers to go with and suppliers to stay away form . best heads to use . port polish results or vendors . just some info that others have dealt with

building or buying? BES (HHP), TKM (Demon Performance), Hemituner Performance, American Muscle Performance, Better Built Performance. Stay away from Livernois or people that work on LS cars mainly. They are not the same. Block has to be clearanced and oil squirters have to be plugged.
Callies or Manley crank (stay away from eagle or scat), Callies, Carillo or Manley rods. Ross, Mahle or JE pistons. Thitek CNC heads are the best heads you can get. You want to use a BGE block. Better cooling jackets.
I havent built a 426 but this is being on the forums since 2006 with gen3 hemis and Ive owned 5.7s, 6.4s and have 2 hellcats.

building or buying? BES (HHP), TKM (Demon Performance), Hemituner Performance, American Muscle Performance, Better Built Performance. Stay away from Livernois or people that work on LS cars mainly. They are not the same. Block has to be clearanced and oil squirters have to be plugged.
Callies or Manley crank (stay away from eagle or scat), Callies, Carillo or Manley rods. Ross, Mahle or JE pistons. Thitek CNC heads are the best heads you can get. You want to use a BGE block. Better cooling jackets.
I havent built a 426 but this is being on the forums since 2006 with gen3 hemis and Ive owned 5.7s, 6.4s and have 2 hellcats.
Thanks for the info

Auto Transport Service
Back