• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

$60 8 3/4 742 score

BAFRAID

She’s looking like a Super Bee again!!
Local time
2:54 AM
Reaction score
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Well, I finally got the rear end apart. It was not pretty. If you saw my other post you saw how bent the housing is. Well I got all the hardware off and the axles would not move. I had to cut the housing to release the pressure on the axles. Turns out to be a 66 8 3/4 with 5x4.5 axles. Was NOT a posi like I had thought. 2.76 open, 742 case, Axles appear to be straight, 11” backing Plates all for $60. I tried to save the axle housing tubes incase someone needed them to lengthen or shorten another housing. Axles and brake backing plates will be for sale as well as what’s left of the housing.

Dammit Batman, Im sorry! It’s these itchy spandex suits, they make me stupid now and then!! And I told you, if you going to WHACK me, my right ear is my sensitive side. Lol

Dammit Batman, Im sorry! It’s these itchy spandex suits, they make me stupid now and then!! And I told you, if you going to WHACK me, my right ear is my sensitive side. Lol
:rofl:

It's okay. Some people get touchy. You hardly see anyone complain when a clutch 'z-bar' is mentioned, even though that's a GM part and Mopar uses the term 'torque shaft'. At least people know what you're talking about. :)

Auto Transport Service
Back