• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

62 Plymouth Belvedere 2 dr. sedan vent window question

belvyfever

Local time
12:47 PM
Reaction score
62 Belvedere 2 door sedan: My right vent window latch shaft is frozen up with rust and Id really like to change out the inner and outer vent window brackets (at window bottom) with better ones that have much nicer chrome. Does anyone have the carriage bolt and inner nut that’s actually makes up the base/shaft for the inner latch? I’ve tried and tried to get mine off. It has actually rounded out the square in the bracket. The carriage bolt turns and turns now so I can’t remove without drilling it out. Need a replacement carriage bolt and nut that makes up the shaft for the vent window latch. If anyone has this assy. or knows of a source, please let me know. Thanks, Bob

I think I do. Can you take a pic of exactly what you need

73B45037-B913-4FFF-B9AF-E5178FC14846.jpeg
914D8100-F224-4733-9ED5-EF360A2D43CF.jpeg
E332F0E5-9AEA-47D8-B2C6-31BCC2DCC972.jpeg
573D2193-4FE2-41E0-A138-FD22FEFDC8BD.jpeg
I think I do. Can you take a pic of exactly what you need

I have no problem pushing pin through to get latch off. The problem is: turning the flat headed screw which is actually a nut that threads onto carriage bolt that holds inner and outer chrome pieces (which I call vent window brackets) together that sandwich vent window. Carriage bolt turns when I try to unscrew nut. It has rounded out square in outer window bracket. It must be frozen up with rust. Will have to hold carriage bolt head with a vice grip when I go back at this to disassemble. That will ruin carriage bolt head but don’t want to do this until I have a replacement. Thanks for listening and wanting to help. I appreciate it.

Bob

View attachment 1124421 View attachment 1124422 View attachment 1124423 View attachment 1124424

I have no problem pushing pin through to get latch off. The problem is: turning the flat headed screw which is actually a nut that threads onto carriage bolt that holds inner and outer chrome pieces (which I call vent window brackets) together that sandwich vent window. Carriage bolt turns when I try to unscrew nut. It has rounded out square in outer window bracket. It must be frozen up with rust. Will have to hold carriage bolt head with a vice grip when I go back at this to disassemble. That will ruin carriage bolt head but don’t want to do this until I have a replacement. Thanks for listening and wanting to help. I appreciate it.

Bob
Sorry I don’t have the piece your missing

image.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back