• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

63 Dodge Wagon Trim Question

63wagon

Local time
10:31 PM
Reaction score
Hey Guys

Finally getting around to re-assmbling the wagon after a long unintended break.

The trim that mounts on the tailgate has a speednut in the center but there are two aligning holes top and bottom on the body and I can't seem to find what goes in there.

I didn't dismantle this area before if went for paint so I don't know what came out of there.

I'm asking if any of you can point me in the right direction. Many thanks!
IMG_4180.jpgIMG_4181.jpg

I have to say that I'm really excited about helping Mr. 63 Wagon with the long awaited re-assembly of this beautiful car. A lot of his interior and, engine, glass and trim were lost in a devastating shop fire that we suffered last year. Fortunately the car was spared but it make putting it back together a real challenge. I admit that I'm the one that took this tailgate apart and for the life of me I can't remember what goes in those tiny holes on the gate spears to keep them aligned.

ha ha Pat....I wasn't mentioning any names.....we all suffer from CRS....Can't remember sh!t

LastScan.jpgThis is a drawing from a very old Mitchell collision estimator guide.This book covers American cars from about 1960 to 1970 (well most models). Hope this helps you out.

View attachment 114650This is a drawing from a very old Mitchell collision estimator guide.This book covers American cars from about 1960 to 1970 (well most models). Hope this helps you out.

Hey...Thanks Trimmer. Cool pic....so chepa for all those options back then. Not quite what I'm looking for though. Need to know what goes in those 2 little holes above and below the center hole in the photo. Cheers

OK so I made some details on the photos...hope this helps

Attachments

• IMG_4181 copy.jpg
    IMG_4181 copy.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 168
  • tailgate trim.jpg
    tailgate trim.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 143
Auto Transport Service
Back