• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SOLD 64-65 Console top Rare!

Status
Not open for further replies.

v8fish

Local time
2:42 PM
Reaction score
Contact seller
console1.jpg
console2.jpg

I have what I am told is a rare console top that would be correct for a 64 push button automatic or 3 on the tree car or a 65 3 on the tree car. This was part of a collection of parts recently purchased with my first early B-body (65 Satellite). This part is in really good condition with some peeling/flaking paint that would be an easy fix. If anyone has any information regarding its application other than what I have listed please chime in. I have been told that these were often used to cut up to make a 4-speed top plate. Anyway I am asking $225 shipped in lower 48. Please ask any questions and I will try to answer them for you.

View attachment 1220468 View attachment 1220469
I have what I am told is a rare console top that would be correct for a 64 push button automatic or 3 on the tree car or a 65 3 on the tree car. This was part of a collection of parts recently purchased with my first early B-body (65 Satellite). This part is in really good condition with some peeling/flaking paint that would be an easy fix. If anyone has any information regarding its application other than what I have listed please chime in. I have been told that these were often used to cut up to make a 4-speed top plate. Anyway I am asking $225 shipped in lower 48. Please ask any questions and I will try to answer them for you.
I own a Canadian-built 1964 Polara 4-door hardtop that has Canada-only Sport Package. This was available on any Polara, and gave it bucket seats and console. My car originally came with push buttons and had this same non-shifter console lid. I removed the push buttons and installed a floor shifter in the console. I swapped this lid to Wayne Brewer almost 40 years ago. Joe Suchy in Georgia bought a Canadian 1964 Plymouth Fury, also with the Sport Package, and it too has push buttons with the plain console top. I have seen other Sport Package '64's that have the shifter in the console, so it must have been an additional option. We did not yet have Polara 500's or Sport Fury's in Canada, so this was Chrysler Canada's way of putting bucket seats in a Dodge or Plymouth. Later in the year, Polara 500's and Sport Fury's were assembled in Canada, and the Sport Package was discontinued. Sport Package cars did not get the "engine-turned" looking external trim that was seen in Polara 500 and Sport Fury.

Last edited:
I own a Canadian-built 1964 Polara 4-door hardtop that has Canada-only Sport Package. This was available on any Polara, and gave it bucket seats and console. My car originally came with push buttons and had this same non-shifter console lid. I removed the push buttons and installed a floor shifter in the console. I swapped this lid to Wayne Brewer almost 40 years ago. Joe Suchy in Georgia bought a Canadian 1964 Plymouth Fury, also with the Sport Package, and it too has push buttons with the plain console top. I have seen other Sport Package '64's that have the shifter in the console, so it must have been an additional option. We did not yet have Polara 500's or Sport Fury's in Canada, so this was Chrysler Canada's way of putting bucket seats in a Dodge or Plymouth. Later in the year, Polara 500's and Sport Fury's were assembled in Canada, and the Sport Package was discontinued. Sport Package cars did not get the "engine-turned" looking external trim that was seen in Polara 500 and Sport Fury.
Thanks for the info. Been a Mopar guy my whole life but just learning about the early B-bodies as this Satellite is my first one.

Thanks for the info. Been a Mopar guy my whole life but just learning about the early B-bodies as this Satellite is my first one.
We never had '65 Coronet's or Belvedere's up here, so this would have been a '64- only piece up here. If a console was standard equipment in a Satellite or Coronet 500, and the car came with a 3-speed manual shift on the column, it could have gotten this lid. I have seen this same arrangement on a 1966 Coronet 500 and a 1966 Charger up here, with blank console lid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back