• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

64/65 Shifter Handle

Chi Town Runner

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:22 AM
Reaction score
Does anyone have a photo of a 64/65 Dodge/Ply 4-speed shifter handle?
I believe it was sort of a Lazy "S" that had the shfter ball relativley high.

I seen a photo of an A-12 (White/Black with Pewter interior) on this site under the A-12 heading.

I'm trying to determine what shifter handle he had on his car.

Thanks

Frank

Here

Wedge.jpg

Big Mike's picture looks the same as the one I had in my '64 Max Wedge

Here's the one from a 64 dodge 426 street wedge bench seat 4 speed car, I can only assume it's original, I haven't found anything that's not numbers matching on the car yet.
Now I was NOT the original owner, so I guess there's always the possibility that it was changed at some time, I will say the jam nut under the shift knob looks kinda hokey to me, I would think the factory would have come up with something better than this.
Roger

IMGP1622.jpg

That shifter is also called a 'S' shifter, I believe it's a late '64 and '65 b-body shifter. There was also another shifter in '63 and early '64 b-body called a 'Banana" shifter. I believe is a better looking shifter and a little less sloppy than the 'S' shifter, but a lot harder to find, and pretty rare........

Hi had a 65 Dodge Coronet back in the day, there was a nut under the ball on the shifter.

Have one on shelf same as shifter in 1965 non-console.

That shifter is also called a 'S' shifter, I believe it's a late '64 and '65 b-body shifter. There was also another shifter in '63 and early '64 b-body called a 'Banana" shifter. I believe is a better looking shifter and a little less sloppy than the 'S' shifter, but a lot harder to find, and pretty rare........
All yeah, it's a T-85 non consule shifter. This is what's refered to as the " Banana Shifter ". I've only seen two of these shifters in my time,,, the one in my car, and this one on e-bay. The last time I talked to Wayne Brewer of Brewers Performance, he said he bought a '64 Plymouth 4-speed car new in early 1964, and his had the T-84 shifter handle in it. He was surprised that mine had the same shifter. He said they were extremely rare..and it's only about 3/8" shorter than the 'S' shifter. There's one on e-bag right now, here's the number if you want to see what one looks like, e-bag # 120580099791.... The shifter mechanism and linkage are also pictured. Very nice $$$ !!!!! :yes:

Last edited:
That's a neat shifter. It's almost like the S style shifter just without the final bend. I guess I do recall seeing something like that on the 62-63's.

That's the same as the one in my 63 4 speed (T10)...mine just needs a rechrome to get it looking that good! I heard they were quite rare...

That's the same as the one in my 63 4 speed (T10)...mine just needs a rechrome to get it looking that good! I heard they were quite rare...

Yes, hang on to it . It is the best looking shifter in my opinion. And they are very scarce.......

If anyone here has an original ivory colored shift knob for sale in good condition I'd be interested in buying it. Thanks.

Auto Transport Service
Back