• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

64 Polara Front Bench reassembly question

hitparader

Local time
1:20 AM
Reaction score
Happy Holidays everyone. So, due to my advancing age (and the fact that it's taken SMS 2+ years to make the new seat covers), I've now forgotten where these cup washers are used on the front seats ('64 Polara, power front split bench w/ armrest). Look familiar to anyone?

Thanks

cupwashers.jpg

Hi.... I have a 64 Polara convertible, and I just looked through the disassembly pics I took of my front bench seat [non power, split bench with the armrest]. I didn't see anything in my pics that looked like your photo, but the hole diameter in your pic looks very close to the size of the 'pins' that the center arm rest mounts to on each seat back. Could what you have possibly be spacers in that area for your armrest? My pics show that I had just flat washers there.....

Hi.... I have a 64 Polara convertible, and I just looked through the disassembly pics I took of my front bench seat [non power, split bench with the armrest]. I didn't see anything in my pics that looked like your photo, but the hole diameter in your pic looks very close to the size of the 'pins' that the center arm rest mounts to on each seat back. Could what you have possibly be spacers in that area for your armrest? My pics show that I had just flat washers there.....
Thanks. That was the same conclusion I had reached based on a process of elimination. Will see very soon - miracle of miracles, after 3 and a half years my seat covers from SMS are scheduled to arrive next week.

Congratulations on getting your interior back! My seat covers and door panels have been at SMS for about the same length of time. Hopefully I'll hear from them soon with the same good news you received. :)

Congratulations on getting your interior back! My seat covers and door panels have been at SMS for about the same length of time. Hopefully I'll hear from them soon with the same good news you received. :)
So after another small delay, I finally rec’d the covers. The quality is fantastic and a perfect match to the originals. The wait was frustrating, but since I’m still not done with a few mechanical things and then on to paint, overall it worked out.

IMG_5932.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back