• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

64 Sport Fury Foor Panel Trim Install

forron

Local time
10:44 PM
Reaction score
I purchased new door panels for my 64 Fury but, don’t know how to remove the chrome trim on the old panels and install it on the new ones. Does anyone have any experience with this?

I used to have a 64 Sport Fury many decades ago but can’t remember the trim on the door cards clearly except for some embossed Mylar trim. Is this stainless trim? A picture might help.

I’ve got to transfer some stainless trim on my 67 door panels soon but it’s probably different. It had metal barbs through punched holes in the panel that I had to carefully straighten on the back side to remove it. I will have to transfer the punched hole pattern to the new Legendary panels and then have to come up with some means of neatly perforating the panels for the trim.

Try an Exacto knife to slit the holes in the vinyl. They are available in most hobby stores. Finish up by punching through the fibre board with a small sharp screw driver the width of the mounting tabs on your trim.

Auto Transport Service
Back