• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

65 Only

My guess is trim was standard.
I agree. 1965 the Savoy was no longer and the Belvedere I took it's place.This is just speculation, Ma Mopar wanted just a bit more bling defining it up scale from the Savoy.

I appreciate all the feed back and You guys chiming in. Been thinking - was there just a Belvedere that could have been ordered. One without a I or II behind the name. Again Thxs. You guys Post Cars look Awesome.

was there just a Belvedere that could have been ordered.
Honest I can't say. My favorite saying is "Never say Never when it comes to Ma Mopar"
Cars have been built that many say never where.

well they did away with that heavy glass and did lexan windows w/o vent windows , i believe i've got a bud here in sj with a 64 bel with the same deal , alum u channel wraps around the area and filled with plastic windows , he turned it into a straight axle street/strip gasser . his doors where but just a sheet metal wrap with a skin , like something i did to a 66 sat 383 4spd commando car as a kid in high school . wow i guess we don't change must , lol .

I agree. 1965 the Savoy was no longer and the Belvedere I took it's place.This is just speculation, Ma Mopar wanted just a bit more bling defining it up scale from the Savoy.
The 64 Savoy that I’m redoing right now has side trim just like the 65 Bel 1. I was told that it was optional on the 64, but I don’t have anything to prove it. Pretty sure that I’m going to fill in the holes, haven’t made up my mind yet.

I’m glad mine doesn’t have all the trim I think it’s a cleaner look
But I’ve loved these early B bodies no matter what trim level

IMG_5739.jpeg

You have an Outstanding Looking Satellite. It sure looks good in Black.
Thank you Sir, I can’t take credit for the work as I bought it as is (except the wheels) I believe these were the first real muscle cars even though they were never thought of as such.

i'm still looking for some parts of my 65 ply bel rags windshield trim , 64 - 65 b body will work as well .

thumbnail.jpg

DSC03153.JPG

I am just getting started. Going to use 2 ‘65 Coronet 440’s to build one.
The one I am going to put back together has its original 361 automatic cable shift.
White / red interior.
IMG_5816.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back