• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

65 Satellite heater

19mopar65

Local time
10:00 AM
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone knows how or even better, has pics on how to take the entire heater assembly out from under the dash? I know there are three nuts from under the hood and I have disconnected all cables and ducts from it. I have only found two brackets to unbolt from both on the pass. side but nothing on the drivers side. Any help would be much appreicated! Thanks!

While I don't have an exact answer for you, a suggestion...

You might go to Classic Auto Air's web site & see if they have an AC installation manual you can download for a '65 B-body. It might show or have text that might help you see how the OEM mounts. Well, I looked an they only go back to 66-67 models, below is a link to that page & at the bottom is a button to download the install manual. Unsure how similar or different a 65 is from 66-67's.

http://www.classicautoair.com/?q=66_67_Mopar+B-Body_Air_Conditioning_Mopar_AC.html&x=13&y=7

Are you going to restore your heater box or replace with an underdash AC unit ? Just curious.

Not sure if this pic will help you but it sounds like you have most everything out that holds the box in place. Is it not coming out? It could just be stuck to the firewall and needs a good yank to get it off.

There are the heater hoses but I’m sure you’ve got those off.

dodge-078.jpg

Thank you

Thanks guys!! I did get it out eventually just needed a little, "coaxing". I unbolted it from the firewall on the underside of the hood, unbolted the brackets on the pass. side on the heater box and the blower motor under the dash....used a nice strong pry bar and away she went.

Thanks again!

As for replacing or restoring....don't know just yet

Auto Transport Service
Back