• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

66-67 Charger Spinner wheel cover question.

rustytoolss

Local time
7:56 AM
Reaction score
Looking for some information about 66-67 Charger Spinner Wheel Covers. Could somebody that has one of these wheel covers please measure the outter diameter of the center bowl/housing ? not clear out to the 6 spokes, but back to the main center outter diameter of the housing. Sure would like to know this dimension..Thanks. To clear this up. Just want sizes of the cast part...not the stainless trim ring section. I'm thinking it's about 10" in diameter ? if someone could verify that, if would be great. If I had one I would measure it myself.

Last edited:
I'll take a look tomorrow after work.
I have several

I get 9 -3/8" on the middle piece back to the flat black area.

Thanks for checking that out for me...sounds like there's a chance a 9" dog dish may fit up inside the spinner casting.
I've heard that someone cut the top off a 9" dog dish and used panelbond to adhere it to the 14" cap.
You could potentially put it on a 15" rim that way and you would maybe have a slight gap if any between the trim ring and the wheel lip.
I think it was someone here that posted it.

1707225713941.png

This is how I measured it.

I can take it apart if you like and check the inside.
But it was pretty cold out there last evening so I took it inside and didn't really want to go back out to get a nutdriver.
I do have an interest in this notion.
At one point I rigged up a deathwheel on the drill press and cut the outside of a trim ring off.
The idea was to TIG weld a separate 15" ring on the front side of the tapered edge.
Never finished it though...

I can take it apart if you like and check the inside.
But it was pretty cold out there last evening so I took it inside and didn't really want to go back out to get a nutdriver.
I do have an interest in this notion.
At one point I rigged up a deathwheel on the drill press and cut the outside of a trim ring off.
The idea was to TIG weld a separate 15" ring on the front side of the tapered edge.
Never finished it though...
If you would do that, I could use that information, to let me know if this is even possible. Thanks...you would'nt have a dog dish sitting around to see if it may fit insde would you ?

I've heard that someone cut the top off a 9" dog dish and used panelbond to adhere it to the 14" cap.
You could potentially put it on a 15" rim that way and you would maybe have a slight gap if any between the trim ring and the wheel lip.
I think it was someone here that posted it.
I have thougt to make this work, I may need to cut off the top of the dog dish also.

9" aluminum
it fits far inside

P1016193.JPG

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back